Columbus, Ohio Sports Fans

As said above, for whatever bizarre reason, Pittsburgh claims Columbus and surrounding as part of it's "home area". And since Dish apparently did pony up the $$$ to allow Columbus subs to watch the Pirates (they don't always do this), you can watch the Pirates in Columbus with Multi-Sport.

Other crazy MLB claims: Southern Alabama by the Marlins / DRays, all of Montana by the Mariners (do residents of eastern Montana really have any conection to Seattle?), all of Oklahoma by the Cards (ditto for Oklahoma panhandle vs. St. Louis), northern Mississippi by the Reds.

Hockey's "home areas" are a lot more normal than the crazy ones defined by MLB, so come October Pens games will be blacked out. (They made have been clear before the Blue Jackets arrived.)

If the Pirates claim his zipcode as their home territory, he has the MultiSport package, and he has the right equipment to see FSN-P HD, he should get the Pirates games.

In this case you dont need the sports package. Their home games are just not blackedout in Columbus. I've personally seen Pirates games on FSN Pittsburgh and I don't subscribe to the sports package.

In this case you dont need the sports package. Their home games are just not blackedout in Columbus. I've personally seen Pirates games on FSN Pittsburgh and I don't subscribe to the sports package.
Hey, if Dish carries FSN-P in Columbus without the MSP, great. I know that I need the MSP to get the Cardinals in OKC via FSN-MW, even though I'm in Cardinals home territory.

We are in the home market for the Pittsburgh Pirates, not Pittsburgh in general. FSN Pittsburgh is not a local RSN in Columbus but people in Columbus are eligible to receive Pirates games (and will get them if they subscribe to the sports pack)under the arcane and stupid broadcasting rules of baseball. Did you look at the map? This really isn't that hard to comprehend and it's not worth my time to argue if you don't get it.

I did look at the map. I was just asking a question. Was not trying to argue anything with you but understand it a little futher.

Was that really to hard to get?

So what channel is FSN Pittsburgh on? I looked at Dish's website and it shows 428 but it is not in the channel lineup on my 622 or in the program guide on Dish's website.

I plugged a random Columbus OH address into the Dish locals page. You get STO, FSN-Ohio, and FSN-Cincy with AT100; FSN-Pittsburgh does require Multi-Sport. Perhaps a bit further east FSN-Pittsburgh is included with AT-100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)