Combine satellite/over air antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.
try and run 2 cables if you can. I tried the diplexer route and the weaker antenna & sat signals were gone with the diplexer ;)

try and run 2 cables if you can. I tried the diplexer route and the weaker antenna & sat signals were gone with the diplexer ;)

Iceberg, think you are right, I have a wireless a/b switch remote with the
a/b led in front of the little box. will this work for me. I know its in a
box somewhere in the shed. I did see it about 2 months ago when I
was cleaning.

IMO, diplexer qualities vary widely from brand to brand and after trying a couple of brands I found the "Holland" brand to be excellent, no loss of signals for me, I've tried with and without and I always get the same good results with the Hollands. I even run a motor through my Hollands and never a problem. They're very inexpensive so it won't break your wallet to try 'em. I bought 2 for under $5 bucks shipped.

Attachments

• STVC.jpg
    STVC.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 180
Every diplexer, no matter the brand, have an insertion loss. The minimum insertion loss is 1.5dB x two diplexers. It is best not to use diplexers if you have the option to run multiple coax cables.

Every diplexer, no matter the brand, have an insertion loss. The minimum insertion loss is 1.5dB x two diplexers. It is best not to use diplexers if you have the option to run multiple coax cables.

You're right and the same goes for any switching device but with a fine tuned system and a good receiver, the insertion loss shouldn't be a factor providing the signal strength of the feed is sufficient. The Holland diplexers haven't inhibited any of the feeds on my 16 sat system, I haven't been able to note any problem using them.

Can someone shows us all how can we make the connection of the diplexer?? Also I know we will need an external switch so we can conect the coax from OTA
Thks

Can someone shows us all how can we make the connection of the diplexer?? Also I know we will need an external switch so we can conect the coax from OTA
Thks

This is the basic application, no other switch is needed except for any you might be using for the dish itself. Only 2 diplexers are needed to combine the 2 sources.

Attachments

• Holland STVC app.JPG
    Holland STVC app.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 172
Thank you so much!!! Looks pretty easy. Let me get the 2 diplexer to give a try!!! Again Thks!!!

P.D.
If you don't matter the pic goes straight to my FTA references book!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)