Combining 2 antennas UHF / VHF

honda400ex2

Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Rice, Minnesota
Hi,

I am going to go with the Winegard YA-1713 VHF-high-band yagi for channels 9 & 11 and the AntennasDirect XG-91 for the UHF channels.
I will need to combine these since my amp does not have two input ports for each antenna.
Was looking thru the Forum and was thinking about going with the Pico Macom UVSJ UHF VHF Band Separator/Combiner. Is this a good choice, or is there something better out there? All my channels that I would like to pick up are coming off two towers within 2 degrees of each other. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Tim

Yes, for ch 11 watch out for fm in the 98-99 mhz range. The second harmonic is right on ch 11. We've used the pico Ho-Low vhf splitter to trap this out.

Yes, for ch 11 watch out for fm in the 98-99 mhz range. The second harmonic is right on ch 11. We've used the pico Ho-Low vhf splitter to trap this out.

This is oh so true..

Back in May 1977 a new FM station at 98.3 MHz signed on with 2,000 watts and the transmitter was located about 5000 feet from my location. Starting that day channel 11 was nothing but squiggly lines all over the picture. Impossible to watch even with the FM trap I had at the time.

Cable TV had just been run down my street a couple of months before that and I complained about this interference to the radio station. I got them to agree to pay the $300.00 installation to cable and they did.

Does this interference happen with digital TV as well??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts