Combining 2 TV outputs??

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 22, 2004
Has onyone ever tried to combine two outputs from two recievers into one coax?? Is this possible with a dyplexer or is there some other sort of signal combiner that could be used. I would like to take TV1 out of my 522 and TV out of my 322 to the same TV in the living room thru my existing cable line. Impossible to fish another line.

Uncle Flappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2004
With help from this forum, I have. :D

I used the TV2 outputs of both receivers. I set the TV2 out frequencies to UHF 21 on my 522 and to UHF 29 on my 322. Since the signals are in the acceptable range for a standard splitter, a diplexer does not need to be used. Combine the two feeds to one coax, and you are in business!

Let me know how it goes.

- Flappy

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 22, 2004
If I'm reading this correctly/ you basically recersed the splitter to combine the 2 TV out puts and then behind the TV you used a nother splitter to seperate the outputs. This will allow me to use my PIP??? I also will be running one coax into an RF converter to use a video input for the PIP. Will that still work?? Is there a way I could use the TV1 outputs or will the frequency from the TV1 outputs stop me from doing this?

bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
Delaware
No.. don't split them back out. Combine them then run the coax into the TV. Tune to whatever channels you set it to.

If you have too much interfearance from one to another, try changing the channels or using the attenuator.

Uncle Flappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2004
--522 TV2 out----+
:::::::::::::::::::::+----To TV-->
--322 TV2 out----+

If your TV is tuned to UHF 21, you will see what the 522 is transmitting.
If your TV is tuned to UHF 29, you will see what the 322 is transmitting.

For PIP, tune your TV to both UHF 21 & UHF 29. You switch stations by using one or both UHF satellite receiver remotes.

Clear as mud?

- Flappy

Uncle Flappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2004
new_to_hdtv said:
when i'm feelin' lazy I have my wife do it otherwise I use the remote. ;)

This thread just taught me a new feature... of my wife!

- Flappy

PS - I hope she doesn't read this forum.

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 22, 2004
It worked, but I had to put another splitter on the line behind the TV ran one cable to Antennae 1 input channel three (522 TV1 output) other line to antenna 2 input cannel 60 (322TV2 output)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts