Combining OTA & Cable to TV

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I have an outdoor antenna and Basic Cable, which I only use for the guide, free music, free VOD and the Discovery channel. I need a way to combine the OTA digital input and the cable signal, as my TV has a single input. I tried a common splitter but I get really bad noise on the cable side. Do I need a combiner of some sort?

Thanks.

I have an outdoor antenna and Basic Cable, which I only use for the guide, free music, free VOD and the Discovery channel. I need a way to combine the OTA digital input and the cable signal, as my TV has a single input. I tried a common splitter but I get really bad noise on the cable side. Do I need a combiner of some sort?

Thanks.
You need an A/B switch. Both OTA and CABLE share some of the same frequencies so you can't put them together on the same cablr at the sane time.

Thanks.

First to help understand your setup and your options besides using a switch.

1) Are your TV sets analog with a converter box or digital sets?
2) Does your cable company use a box which can be switched between channels 3 & 4

Thanks guys, I'll use a switch. I hoped there was an easy way to use the TV tuner for both sources on a single cable. I am using my TV to tune both sources.

Thanks guys, I'll use a switch. I hoped there was an easy way to use the TV tuner for both sources on a single cable. I am using my TV to tune both sources.

Try doing a scan on the cable. Cable companies are required to pass through the local HD in the clear. They can show up on strange channels, but they should be there somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts