Please reply by conversation.

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
image.jpg

Just had to share this photo that I took yesterday up in the Sierra foothills. Not sure if this is the result of a lazy installer or an innovative self install.

Points for a possible solution to receive both C-band and Dish Network, but unfortunately I think C-band doesn't live there anymore.... :(

Reactions: iBoston
with that being a single LNB I assume it was aimed at 119 so maybe neither are still in commission

That 4" pipe appears to be at a 45° angle.

This was taken in a 25 year old neighborhood about 10 miles from my place. The Sierras have many, many, many pine trees. I had driven up there to pick-up a tiling snowmobile trailer and noticed quite a few C-band dishes filled with needles. Most houses now have pole mounted dishes for Dish, Direct and Internet that are placed in clearings quite far from the homes. This home had three single LNBF dishes placed in different clearings to receive the different Dish Network satellites. Gotta get creative when living in the woods! :D

The pole is straight and yes, that is a fallen tree leaning at the 45 degree angle.

This was taken in a 25 year old neighborhood about 10 miles from my place. The Sierras have many, many, many pine trees. I had driven up there to pick-up a tiling snowmobile trailer and noticed quite a few C-band dishes filled with needles. Most houses now have pole mounted dishes for Dish, Direct and Internet that are placed in clearings quite far from the homes. This home had three single LNBF dishes placed in different clearings to receive the different Dish Network satellites. Gotta get creative when living in the woods! :D

The pole is straight and yes, that is a fallen tree leaning at the 45 degree angle.

I have actually rolled back to customers off the clock as a lumberjack to cut down trees for customers for line of sight issues but then again I am not your normal field service tech, I grew up in the country on a farm so I have all kinds of skills that pay.

Reactions: Titanium
I used to do the same thing. Made lots of extra cash cutting down trees. I used to carry a chain saw on the truck, that way if it was just one tree, I would drop it while I was there and then come back after hours and work it up.

I carried a shotgun. Used it for quick pruning and branch removal. :D
I came back to a job with a 44Mag Rifle and a shotgun. First shot with the 44 dropped the branch I was wanting gone. You should have saw that guys eyes. He said I don't think I want to face you in a gun fight. :D

I came back to a job with a 44Mag Rifle and a shotgun. First shot with the 44 dropped the branch I was wanting gone. You should have saw that guys eyes. He said I don't think I want to face you in a gun fight. :D

Just curious, was it a lever action 44mag?

Was this you that day?

rifleman.jpeg

:D I wasn't as fancy as Chuck Conners. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)