Comcast 3-D channels

mailman390

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Connecticut
About a month ago Comcast finally upgraded the system in Connecticut to the Xfinity lineup. Lots of additonal HD channels including a few 3-D channels. I have a Samsung LED 3-D tv so I was thrilled that I could watch ESPN3D. But, when I called Comcast to activate that function on my box, they didn't even know what code to send my box! I called three different times and none of the operators could help. They said they would talk to tech support and call me back......yeah right. Then one lady said "Oh its not available in your area" Then why are all the 3D channels listed on my 3D capable box!!! They finally gave me a number to call.....said it was their 3D support number. I haven't had time to call because of work. The number is only good to call during "normal" working hours. By the time I get home from work its too late. I've got 5 days off starting Nov. 11 so I hope to get some answers soon. Anyone else have any luck with 3D?

About a month ago Comcast finally upgraded the system in Connecticut to the Xfinity lineup. Lots of additonal HD channels including a few 3-D channels. I have a Samsung LED 3-D tv so I was thrilled that I could watch ESPN3D. But, when I called Comcast to activate that function on my box, they didn't even know what code to send my box! I called three different times and none of the operators could help. They said they would talk to tech support and call me back......yeah right. Then one lady said "Oh its not available in your area" Then why are all the 3D channels listed on my 3D capable box!!! They finally gave me a number to call.....said it was their 3D support number. I haven't had time to call because of work. The number is only good to call during "normal" working hours. By the time I get home from work its too late. I've got 5 days off starting Nov. 11 so I hope to get some answers soon. Anyone else have any luck with 3D?

I don't personally have a 3D TV, but I do know someone who has one and Comcast 3D and said it is awesome. Movies you can't buy, and lots of 3D sports.

UPDATE..............Today I called the 3D support number that Comcast gave me. The woman who answered sounded like she was just another regular operator, but she actually found the 2 codes, which were in 2 different places, and sent them to my box. TADA! ESPN3D!! XFIN3D! It works!! I turned to ESPN3D and they had on the Xgames....wow....watching the guys on skateboards doing these incredibly high stunts in 3D was sick! I'm a happy camper.....finally found someone at Comcast that knew what she was doing (and I told her so).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)