Comcast Cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cajun_100

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
I'm thinking of going with Comcast. Can anyone tell me if the PQ is comparable to sat. (SD and HD)?

I have both Comcast HD and D* HD. As of late it seems that Comcast's HD has looked a little bit better. Once D* gets there new Sat in the air that may change.

It all depends on your area!!!! No one who is not is your local area on your local cable system can tell you it is better or not. PQ varies a ton depending on what region you are in, even if it is the same cable company.

mini1 said:
It all depends on your area!!!! No one who is not is your local area on your local cable system can tell you it is better or not. PQ varies a ton depending on what region you are in, even if it is the same cable company.

hell, even the same town can vary

When I had Charter and my co-worker had Charter in Duluth, his PQ was pretty good, and mine sucked! (We were about 3 miles from each other)

Iceberg said:
hell, even the same town can vary

When I had Charter and my co-worker had Charter in Duluth, his PQ was pretty good, and mine sucked! (We were about 3 miles from each other)

Are you in Duluth GA? OR MIN?

Not only can each system be a bit better/worst, it can vary widely within the same system.

The HD channels will probably be better then DBS. The SD digital channels are just about the same, overcompressed. The analog channels are hit and miss, some look great, some look like you're using your OTA in the attic to pull in the station and then put a ground loop on the channel.

So the bottom line is try it and see how it works in your location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts