Comcast channels with basic service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ron2368

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
pa
First to say I am a complete know nothing about TV/ cable

I have Comcasts neutered regular service, pay about 58 a month, have a cable coming out of the wall screwed into the back of my1991 27 rca Tv . I purchased a small flat screen, LG.

I connected the same cable to the rear of the LG. It scanned and found the regular channels and also 8 HD ones( seems like sub channels of some locals, along with many music stations.

Two days later I try to get the local news on HD which was in the HD scan and its gone. The regular ones are there but all else is gone. I have it rescan and all it finds are the regular cable channels. Where did they go? Did comcast turn them off, was I not supposed to get them?
Ron

sounds like you have preferred basic. This doesn't include any hd channels. Now you tv may have a built in antenna, that can recieve over the air hd channels and you may have gotten that.

In order to get hd channels, call comcast ask for the digital starter package, should be the same price or just a couple bucks more. Then you want to also rent an hd converter box (not the same as the dtv converter from the government), and you should have hd channels starting around channel 190 on up.

enjoy.

I get 6 HD networks and several digital SD ones with my bare minimum ($7 a month) Comcast basic, and no cablebox. Sometimes their location gets shuffled around so a rescan is necessary to find them again. However your post says you tried a rescan with no luck. Are you receiving ANY digital channels at all? They would have a hyphen as part of the channel number such as "84-1" or "73-9".

I haven't heard of Comcast scrambling the digital network channels anywhere, although every area is different. I'd think you should be able to pick them up. The fact that a scan found 8 HD channels the first time and then you lost em' the next day seems like too big a coincidence. I'd guess you've got something wrong with your setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)