Satellite Encrypted Receiver

LittleGrasshopper

Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Venezuela
Hi everyone, I need a real help!

I work at a TV Satellite Channel by suscription. And we are planning to create another channel, this time, they told me to find a system that encrypt our signal and that it will be receive by headends (DBS providers no matter if they transmit by cable or satellite) for distribution. It has to be in mp4 or mp2 format, I think we will need a multiplexer too. And that it can be share with the other channel and FM radio in our station. I need the specific name of the system and the companies that distribute it. With quality and cheap price.
I don't think is the conditional access system because is focus to the suscribers.

Thanks!

I would start out with DVBS2 (the type of transmission) in an Mpeg4 format (video compression) With that said i would look into Bliss encoding, or PowerVu for encryption if I was to want the signal encrypted. Also, for encoders look into Harmonics. Lots of station engineers rave about them.

I'm new here, so I didn't know where to post this specific subject. Sorry about that!
And yes, they know but they want me to find a cheaper system (I'm new at my job too).

I would start out with DVBS2 (the type of transmission) in an Mpeg4 format (video compression) With that said i would look into Bliss encoding, or PowerVu for encryption if I was to want the signal encrypted. Also, for encoders look into Harmonics. Lots of station engineers rave about them.

Thank you!, anyone else?...

Last edited:

Please could you provide me some companies' names in the U.S. that sell those equipments? in Mpeg2.

No offense, but if you're posting these questions here, I think you might be in a little over your head. You can probably find all this information from the company that you'll be contracting for satellite space.

No offense, but if you're posting these questions here, I think you might be in a little over your head. You can probably find all this information from the company that you'll be contracting for satellite space.

I know that, that's why I'm asking for satellite companies instead!

Besides Irdeto, Nagravision, Conax, NDS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)