Comcast Digital Cable Problems

cylon450

Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Roseville, California
I have only noticed this problem on SciFi. I'm watching Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and/or Battlestar Galactica and the image will freeze. It's like watching a DVD and then hitting pause. When it resumes, it's like it has skipped a chapter. I have the HD receiver. Does anybody know what may be causing this? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Now that's a newbee... I've never had anything like that happen. Are you using VOD? If not, I'd believe that htere is some kind of a head end problem with that specific channel.

To rule anything out on my end, I went by Comcast and picked up a new receiver and am replacing the actual cable that goes from the wall into the receiver. I highly doubt it's the cable but I'm ruling everything out so they can't waste my time telling me to do stuff I know won't work. In any case, I'll post an update on Friday. That's when SG-1, Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica air and that's when I would notice it. I also highly doubt this, but am just mentioning it to rule it out. Would modifying the audio settings on the receiver do something like this? I changed it to where there is no audio compression. Also, and like I previously mentioned, I have only noticed this on the SciFi channel.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. No, I am not using VOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)