Comcast for cheaper. (if you can't get triple play)

raiden

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Ok this might not work for all areas, But if you call comcast and tell them you are going to Satellite they will get upset , not wanting to loose the market share, So they will make a good deal like throwing in all the movie channels cheaper High speed internet Then when you agree to a packages then wait a month and go down to the billing center and cancel all the movie packages. With my HD / plus DVR , digital cable, 2 boxes plus the DVR box and 6meg High speed internet I pay $89 compared to what I would pay for the same service $140 in Michigan. I am not sure if this will help or not but for the last 3 years when my 12 month special is up. I've have called them and got a deal, but like I said it depends on your area I think.

On a similar note, in my area Comcast has a special deal for their Digital Silver w/HBO. Six months at $50 vs the regular $85. This is normally for new customers, of course.

But, I called customer service and chose "cancel service" from the menu. Then, I told them I was unhappy with the high cost of Comcast vs. DBS, and they gave me the $50 price PLUS only $5 for HD/DVR, which is usually $12.

So, for six months, I'm only paying $55 vs. $97. That's savings of $42x6=$252.

Sweet.

I spoke to Comcast yesterday and was told that they are now extending the triple play offers to existing customers. I was calling to re-locate my service, so maybe that was the difference. YMMV

FYI, I signed up for the Premier package which includes one HD/DVR for free. He also waived the $4.99 additional outlet fee for my second HD/DVR (that one there is a monthly charge for).

I am considering Comcast as my cable provider, I have been with Dish for about 3 years. I am just getting tired of the way they handle things, buying or paying to get upgraded equipment to see their programming. I called Comcast today, and thy offered me for 12 months the following at 64.95 plus taxes.

2HD DVR receivers
Digital Plus 1 with HBO
Latino Package
HD programming

Channel lineup looks good.

Hopefully I will be able to terminate my contract with DISH before the special ends which is May 21.

Don't forget that they also slap you with

2 x $11.99 for the two DVR's and another $6 for additional digital outlet. So your $65 fee will be more like $95.

Nothing was said about these fees when I moved over. After I got my first bill, I asked about them and why it wasn't mentioned when I moved. Basically I was told that was what the charges were and that the person who took my order should have mentioned the additional fees.

Don't forget that they also slap you with

2 x $11.99 for the two DVR's and another $6 for additional digital outlet. So your $65 fee will be more like $95.

Nothing was said about these fees when I moved over. After I got my first bill, I asked about them and why it wasn't mentioned when I moved. Basically I was told that was what the charges were and that the person who took my order should have mentioned the additional fees.

I was specifically told when I signed up for my tripleplay that the first DVR was free but would have to pay the second DVR fee. He also said that he was giving me a promotion waiving the $5.99 A/O fee.

I was specifically told when I signed up for my tripleplay that the first DVR was free but would have to pay the second DVR fee. He also said that he was giving me a promotion waiving the $5.99 A/O fee.

Well that's pretty good. Good thing they were upfront with it. I was actually responding to edarca on his deal. The dollar amount didn't seem to include additional fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)