comcast is telling me to upgrade my cable modem soon

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I have a Linksys cable modem (befcmu10) that I bought years ago and I just got a letter from Comcast that says I must upgrade my modem by nov 19 or lose my internet connection. They say its to old and wont work with xfinitys new technology. The standard on my old modem is docsis 2.0 and the new ones now have docsis 3.0.Is comcast pulling my leg on this modem upgrade??.

Yes upgrade! Make sure you get one that binds up t 8 downstream channels. You will be VERY happy you did!

My local COX informed me that within the next few weeks my internet speed will be going from 50 Meg to 150 Meg service at no extra charge. I can't wait :)

Mine's supposed to go up too Scott, but they didn't tell me how much.

Thanx for all the replies!! Scott! Wish I saw your reply before I went ahead and ordered a new modem from New Egg. The 6141 with the free wireless was also tempting but I just got a new netgear wireless router last year. Moneys alittle tight right now so I ended up getting the Motorola sb6121 surfboard for $69.99 free shipping. Cant wait to see what improvements I see.PS my linksis was a early version and has docsis 1.1 instead of 2.0! no wonder Comcast wants me to upgrade.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)