Cable/Satellite Service Models - Help Please!

Tron2012

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
IL Suburbs
I've been a member for a while now and hoping someone can help me with a project I'm working on (and not for the cable/satellite industry). Not looking for any trade secrets or sensitive company information. Just a general overview with enough details to see the big picture. I looked at posting in the Installers section, but since I am not an installer I did not think I would be allowed to post there, but seems to be "the" place this would be relevant.

What I'm looking to get is a picture of a cable and/or satellite company's business model for product and services. This is called a Product Services Systems where a company offers both products and services to their customers. What I'm looking to find out more about is the installers part. Do they all work for the company? Are the contracted out? Does the contracted company then sub-contract to independents? How do they get paid (not the $$ amount)? By each job, daily, set salary? How do the products and supplies the installer needs get purchased? Main company provides for installs, sends to installers directly per job? Contractor purchases a bunch of items ahead of time and maintains stock? etc... If I had some feedback from actual contractors/installers in the forum that would be perfect! Specifically Comcast if possible.

Feel free to PM me or let me know if there are any other groups here or elsewhere where I might be able to post and get feedback. Would live to get the group moderator's permission to post in the installers group. Thank you in advance.

Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts