Comcast NJ II/Union additions & changes coming 5/15, plus some other news

Tvfan24/7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
This information was posted at the Comcast Avenel office. Credit goes to Travelfan1 on Broadband Reports.

Effective 5/15/08 The following HD stations will be added:

A&E HD: CH. 211
Food Network HD: CH. 216
HGTV HD: CH.213
History HD: CH. 217
USA HD: CH.222
Discovery HD: CH.224
SCI-FI HD: CH. 226
Animal Planet HD: CH.230

Effective 5/15/08, the following channels will be migrating from the analog tier to the digital tier:

TCM: from analog CH. 43 to digital CH. 43, 169
Cartoon Network: from analog CH. 72 to digital CH. 72, 126
History Channel HD: from analog CH. 57 to digital CH. 57, 177

Also on 3/25/08: the following changes will occur:

SNY HD added to CH.198
NFL Network on CH.218 deleted

Woohoo! That'd be my area! Bring on CNN HD, Science HD, and ESPNews HD and that's all I need!

what are saying - you didn't pick up any of these chs. mentioned in march?!
You got SNYHD didn't you?
Can't believe you don't yet have any of the other basic HD chs. listed
I'm in So.CT and we already receive them all except :mad: SNYHD and Science HD. Waiting on ABCFam,Disney and Weather CHHD and of course SNYHD...have several other HD chs. on my wish list but they I shouldn't hold my breath...ESPNNHD, AMC HD, Tennis ch HD abd FSC and Goltv HD (which aren't even in existence yet).
Good luck in NJ what's the hold up

Yeah they're pretty far behind. Luckily I live in Ocean County where Comcast has added within the last two months or so a slew of HD channels. In fact we just received Science Channel HD, ABC Family HD & Disney Channel HD today.

NJ is not on the list of "outlying markets."

I have to think the reasoning for canceling the HD channel additions was bandwidth. I can only think that their system can't handle it.

The biggest problem Comcast has is that they bought up tons of smaller operations, such as the old Suburban Cable of NJ. Under NJ law, because they have to deal with each municipality for provider rights, it makes upgrades very difficult and slow. Verizon was able to bring FIOS in at the state level, bypassing the towns, and they already own and operate all telephone lines in the state. They were able, albeit slowly, to roll out new technology. Comcast is simply not going to be able to rely on picking on the weakness of Satellite anymore. It needs to provide a better product. From the moment they took over Suburban, in my town, Comcast has been ridiculously slow in adding channels. On Demand is great and all that, but that's not what the majority of people want. Everybody has the DVR now, so that's not a selling point. There's no question they still pull in a lot of subscribers who don't want to pay for, or bother with, digital converter boxes, but they should start offering the little cheapy Motorola ones for free or something to force them off. We have a 13" TV in the kitchen, but I don't want to pay $3.70 a month for the box, and getting charged for the service on that TV. That is a ripoff, one or the other Comcast.

:riverWell, I'm not happy. To add insult to injury, FIOS deployed on the other side of the town I live and is not coming over to my side anytime soon!:river

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts