Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Dont know if anyone recently has been having these issues. But as of late when I am downloading a SD show on on demand I have not been able to watch the show without many pauses due the download speed. This has only happened as of late wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

comcast is my internet provider and I am connected by "netgear" plug inns.

None here; has worked flawlessly for me, even in "beta".

You say Comcast, but what speed, and I would try a test with your DVR direct wired to your router with some CAT6; if you ISP speed is up to par, which I bet it is, my guess is the Netgear plug in thing.

You say Comcast, but what speed, and I would try a test with your DVR direct wired to your router with some CAT6

CAT6 is a bit of a over kill for this test. It is not like he is trying to get gig speeds out of his connection.

yep, but he may save it for a later need and I tend to lead users toward their futures. At least I didn't go CAT6e or CAT7... LOL

My living room HR20-700 is hardwired to my Netgear "RangeMAX Next" router via Cat5 and I have Comcast as well....never seen a single problem with speed or processing. I have the 16MB/2MB package from C*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts