Comcast/Peacock vs Roku

klang

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 4, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
Make that SOME Rokus. I can use it on my newer roku but not the ones of an earlier vintage.
Might be related to hardware capability. First time I tried to open Peacock on my Xfinity X1 the X1 prompted me to order a replacement, 4K capable, receiver.

Geronimo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Might be related to hardware capability. First time I tried to open Peacock on my Xfinity X1 the X1 prompted me to order a replacement, 4K capable, receiver.
It is definitely hardware related. I just did not want to see people here look for peacck----I saw plenty of that elsewhere.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

msmith198025

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
There is a thread on reddit where a guy supposedly bought one before they actually went on sale. (didnt read it all, dont know how exactly).

Screenshots he posted show it running Android tv 10. So it would appear that it is still android tv, with a new name, perhaps on this device only, and with UI tweaks. Maybe that UI comes to all android tv devices later?

NYDutch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2013
Where our wheels go
I'm just starting to compare Peacock and the Roku free channels using my FireTVstick. Too soon to make any judgements though since the Roku channels just became available a couple of days ago.