Comcast Problem

SherryD333

Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Michigan
I am having a problem with only several channels on my Comcast lineup: Science, Investigation, Military, Planet Green and BBC. Apparently, no one at Comcast can figure this out. I had one call from Repair saying they knew what it was and they were able to apply the fix from the end. However, the channels went from black to a picture with sound but pixels. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? If they send out Tech Support, they told me it will cost me $25.

25$ to fix their service? what a load. Tell the person on the phone they have two options. Fix your service without charging or cancel it.

Those are all Discovery-distributed channels, FWIW.

Have you also checked to make sure that you have a short cable run, of quality shielded cable, from the wall to your cable box? If you have a longer cable or a cheap, low quality cable, then the digital signal may simply not have enough error correction to provide a quality picture in this situation.

I'm having a similar problem in Sacramento

My conection has been like this ever since we switched to the Digital HD Package. One of my favorite programs is the Motocross and Supercross coverage which is on the SPEED channel now. Its the only channel that breaks up on me. It seems that it always ruining my programs too. I can't even watch it that its so bad. Its a pixel issue that only seems to show up on the standard def SPEED channel. I have no idea why just this channel. Actually last weeks live braodcast was fine but this weeks taped braodcast was a mess. I only watched the first 5 mintues and then turned it off.

Ballzo
Sacramento, CA

I just noticed some problems on hgtv hd...sometimes the audio would go out for less than a second, some random blockyness.

If it's just on one channel then it might actually just be that channel. Right now where I am it's snowing at a steady pace. Cable co's get their signals from satellite (cbands).

I have a growing feeling that the cable co's aren't exactly going to be leading in hdtv...some channels will always be very well like the locals and the pay channels but if it's something else and isn't that popular (i.e. not sports) then the priority might not be there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)