Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
My local Comcast (Hartford) is raising its rates in December.
Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 7.50.42 PM.png

Wow - a $4.50 increase in just the broadcast channels fee and $2 on the RSN fee - so $6.50 just for those two items. Last year Chicago Comcast had $6.20 increase in RSN fee. Have not seen what this area will have for new prices.

I have them as my internet provider not looking forward to my December bill for next years prices. I have one Gigibit speed that runs around 117.00 a month alone

It's that time of year where everyone will have a rate increase. Wow spectrum called me yesturday offering the gig service for 99.99. i thought i was a scam so i hung up and called into corperate. I explained everything to the rep and asking him if it was a scam. He was like no it wasn't a scam. then i asked if there the 199.00 install fee. He replied nope we did away with that!!! When the rep said that rate was good for two years i jumped on it!!!

Reactions: Rey
Wow - a $4.50 increase in just the broadcast channels fee and $2 on the RSN fee - so $6.50 just for those two items. Last year Chicago Comcast had $6.20 increase in RSN fee. Have not seen what this area will have for new prices.

I remember in the early 90s when my family moved into town and we finally got cable it was $30 a month for everything except premium channels. That broadcast channel fee plus the RSN fee is $30

Reactions: zippyfrog
I talked to one of my friends who has Comcast here in Chicago, and he said that he received a notification that the new rates go into effect here on Jan 1, 2022. RSN fee is up to $17.30 (up from $14.45, increase of $2.85) and the local channels is up to $19.75 (up from $16.20, increase of $3.55).

Makes my Dish $5 increase seem like nothing. But seeing this Comcast locals cost, I am not sure how Dish is able to keep locals at $12.00 for 2 years, heading on 3 years now.

So I don't have any linear TV services anymore, so I had no idea what my local fees were. Comcast in metro Atlanta is charging a whopping $23.45 broadcast TV fee and $12.55 for an RSN fee. Charter in metro Atlanta is charging $17.99 for a broadcast TV fee, and does not list an RSN fee on their rate card

• Wow
Reactions: zippyfrog
I see Comcast came to a deal with Disney today and will carry the ACC Network. I guess that is part of the increase

Just moved into a comcast area. We have the gigabit pro. I sure in the hell hope they don't raise that up. :oops:
You just wrote a week ago that you signed up for spectrum gigabit service?

It's that time of year where everyone will have a rate increase. Wow spectrum called me yesturday offering the gig service for 99.99. i thought i was a scam so i hung up and called into corperate. I explained everything to the rep and asking him if it was a scam. He was like no it wasn't a scam. then i asked if there the 199.00 install fee. He replied nope we did away with that!!! When the rep said that rate was good for two years i jumped on it!!!

Here is the actual rate increase

The kicker is they dropped MSG but didn't lower the RSN fee