Comcast rates increase again

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Source

Preferred service cable customers in the Athens market will notice a monthly rate hike of $2.55 effective on Feb. 1, officials with Comcast said Thursday.

The price for preferred service will jump from $38.70 a month to $41.25.

Digital, high definition and Internet services will not be affected by the rate increase, according to Comcast General Manager Geoffrey Shook.

This is the third rate increase in the past three years. Cable prices have increased $9.49 since 2003.

Why is it important at all to post this story here? So what a cable company somewhere in America raised its prices... It happens every day, people have to look at the prices of their own cable company and compare it to DBS, what happens in Athens is not important to anyone outside Athens.

Thanks for posting that, Sean. It makes me extra glad I left cable when I did. :D I know Charter, the local cable company, has to be increasing rates similar to those of Comcast in Athens.

mike123abc said:
Why is it important at all to post this story here? So what a cable company somewhere in America raised its prices... It happens every day, people have to look at the prices of their own cable company and compare it to DBS, what happens in Athens is not important to anyone outside Athens.

Umm... Kind of disagree with that. Any piece of information it is good. Aren't there users here who may live in that area or planning to move in that area or considering moving to that area? As an information source, I think we want to provide best information available to everyone. I did not post this in the general area but within the cable HDTV forum which the article talks about how HD subs will not be affected by the increase.

The problem is that there are thousands of cable systems in the US... That is a lot of pricing information to constantly post...

It would be one thing if Comcast announced nationwide pricing and a nationwide price increase (note that your title said Comcast) not the cable system in Athens... How many cities does Comcast serve alone and how many are having the rates change?

mike123abc said:
The problem is that there are thousands of cable systems in the US... That is a lot of pricing information to constantly post...

It would be one thing if Comcast announced nationwide pricing and a nationwide price increase (note that your title said Comcast) not the cable system in Athens... How many cities does Comcast serve alone and how many are having the rates change?

Mike, you are making a big thing out nothing here... I posted the title of the article which it is what I usually do when I post an article. I try to stay with the story and not change anything. It's very easy just to ignore the post :) I do it all the time with the stock rpts in the stock forum. I just completly ignore those that are of no interest to me. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)