Comcast Sports Net Chicago HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sstang7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
northwest suburbs of Chicago
Great news for all of us D* HD customers in the Chicago area. I received a return e-mail from Comcast Sportsnet Chicago that the HD version of this channel will begin tomorrow September 27!!:D

It's on my guide now, I have two of channel 640. It's not in HD though, I think only the home games will be for the Cubs and Sox. Convenient that they go live after the Sox's last home game.

Watching the cubs game now in HD. If you live in the chicago dma you should see two channels labeled 640. One is the SD feed, the other is the HD feed, although not everything on that channel is shown in HD.

kaomie said:
It's on my guide now, I have two of channel 640. It's not in HD though, I think only the home games will be for the Cubs and Sox. Convenient that they go live after the Sox's last home game.
Bulls Home Games are also in HD!

"Did you really want to see the ChiSox collapse in HD ???"

I think it might have eased my pain a little admiring Roger Bossard's beautiful field in HD.

ok i have an hr10-250 running the 3.1 software. only one channel 640 being shown.

whats up?

Comcast Sportsnet HD is in MPEG 4 format, the HR10 only supports MPEG 2. That's also why you have to use an OTA to get your locals.

kaomie said:
Comcast Sportsnet HD is in MPEG 4 format, the HR10 only supports MPEG 2. That's also why you have to use an OTA to get your locals.

yes our h20 upstairs in our bedroom has two 640's. blackhawks in hd, but no home games. thanks wirtz!

I can't seem to set up a recording with the HR20 and get the HD version of the channel to record if the recording is a couple days out. It seems as if the reciever is changing to the standard definition version for the recordings. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)