Comcast Sportsnet Chicago Plus HD question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJ Matt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
I am watching the Cubs and Braves game on CSN Chicago Plus on DirecTV. I just got DirecTV installed Sunday. On cable they only had CSN Chicago + in standard, but on DirecTV, as I understand it, they have the HD feed. It said to tune into channel 668-1 which I did, but its not even CSN Chicago. Channel 668-1 is Fox Sports North. I also go to 666-1 and its blacked out. On the guide it says Upcoming: Vantage Point on channel 666-1 which is a movie. I am so confused here. Can anyone help me out to why I am not getting the game in HD and why it says 'Upcoming: Vantage Point'.

You're not alone as I can't tune in the HD feed either on the RSA alternate; They announced at the start of the game to tune into 666-1 for the HD feed on direct-TV. Looks like an SD game until they get a few calls.

What is your zip code?

You're not alone as I can't tune in the HD feed either on the RSA alternate; They announced at the start of the game to tune into 666-1 for the HD feed on direct-TV. Looks like an SD game until they get a few calls.
Yeah, I actually saw on the screen to turn to 668-1 and thats Fox Sports North which is blacked out as well. Will DirecTV pick up the HD feed eventually during this game possibly?

MLB Baseball HD Schedule | MLB in HDTV Listings | HD Sports Guide

Shows the games as HD on FSN South (regionally) so being and ATL home game would Comcast even have an HD feed?

Zap2it (owned by Tribune / provider of DirecTV EPG) shows Comcast carrying the White Sox as HD but not the Cubs.

Even the DirecTV online program guide does not show the Cubs @ Braves as HD (there will be times an "HD channel" has non-HD material) so maybe we should determine IF the away game tonight SHOULD even be expected to be HD on Comcast

Try tuning to FSSHD and if that is blacked out, the Game Search feature might kick in and take you the local version.

No rush...the Cubbies are beating my Braves like red headed step kids right now. :(

Will DirecTV pick up the HD feed eventually during this game possibly?

It's also on FSNHD 646-1.

It's possible, considering the guide conflict & the last minute addition of the day/night double header. I'm not sure what it costs them to 'turn on' the alternate (Comcast), but have you ever noticed how fast they turn off the channel & flip to the main feed when it becomes available. When a game ends, it's back to the studio & channel off.

If Len & Bob Hadn't announced that it was available in HD I never would have given it a second thought. Just migrated from an old Mpeg-2 receiver last week & didn't get any of the CSN's in HD prior.

Thanks for all the answers. I will try searching around some more to see if I can get it. The whole purpose of CSN+ is to have 2 games at once and as I understand it, the Cubs and Sox have both been airing in HD at the same time on the channel (one airing on regular and one airing on plus).

I am not a Chicagoland expert but has that only happened when they were both at home?

or has that happened when they are both away or one H & one A?

I did the search thing and the game was found on channel 649, but I tuned into it and the game wasn't on there. In the info it says TEST. I also checked the EI channels and the game was being shown on a couple of the channels and I could tune into the standard feed, but the HD feed was blacked out. Looks like I am out of luck for this game.

I am not a Chicagoland expert but has that only happened when they were both at home?

or has that happened when they are both away or one H & one A?
I'm not sure how it works, but the Sox are at home and the Cubs are away right now.

Thanks for all the answers. I will try searching around some more to see if I can get it. The whole purpose of CSN+ is to have 2 games at once and as I understand it, the Cubs and Sox have both been airing in HD at the same time on the channel (one airing on regular and one airing on plus).

I live in Central ILL now and indeed...the CSN+ has shown the Cubs/Sox in HD on an alternate CSN+ channel before. However, tonight they are not giving us the feed. What a crock...

I live in Central ILL now and indeed...the CSN+ has shown the Cubs/Sox in HD on an alternate CSN+ channel before. However, tonight they are not giving us the feed. What a crock...

If this were truly a Cubs town they would switch the White Sox to the RSA+ in SD at the first commercial break & put the Cubs on the primary HD feed. It would make for great Ozzie quotes in tomorrows papers.

So how many times does something like this happen where if both the Cubs and Sox are on CSN and the Plus feed is not showing? Does it happen often or is this just one of those things that just happened.

If this were truly a Cubs town they would switch the White Sox to the RSA+ in SD at the first commercial break & put the Cubs on the primary HD feed. It would make for great Ozzie quotes in tomorrows papers.
lol! Thats true and would be interesting.

I would say it's pretty rare when you factor in day/night games & the combined WGN/Ch-26/CSN/ESPN networks. I know they advertised the RSA+ feed as HD this year but I don't think every game is in HD yet. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if they didn't announce it's availability in HD (Len & Bob) & seen your post.

Did you notice how fast they turned off RSA+ (666-1) after the game even though they said stay tuned for post game analysis?

I would say it's pretty rare when you factor in day/night games & the combined WGN/Ch-26/CSN/ESPN networks. I know they advertised the RSA+ feed as HD this year but I don't think every game is in HD yet. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if they didn't announce it's availability in HD (Len & Bob) & seen your post.

Did you notice how fast they turned off RSA+ (666-1) after the game even though they said stay tuned for post game analysis?
Yeah, it just has the DirecTV logo on it now so they turned it off really fast. Thats kind of a bummer. Also, I have the Premier package for 4 months because of the NFL deal so I get all the RSN in HD, but nothing ever shows on any of the other RSN HD channels. I notice that the pregame shows are on the standard channels, but not the HD channel as its blacked out.

I talked to CSN, they claim this was a directv screwup. CSN+ did show the game in HD, saw it for myself on cable.

I talked to CSN, they claim this was a directv screwup. CSN+ did show the game in HD, saw it for myself on cable.

This always amazes me that some person in charge can't or forgets to change the feeds & the poor flunky sitting at the control panel has no power to say to his bosses that something is wrong. I mean they got the Comcast advertisement going in the first inning with Len & Bob telling us where we could watch the game in HD on all the different providers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)