Comcast/TiVO is here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDFreud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2004
Northern, NJ
Comcast Tivo is here. Anyone have it and if so what are your thoughts?

comcast-tivo-guide.jpg

I signed up for Comcast broadband the other day and asked about a new HD DVR and was told about this new Tivo DVR. CSR said it was going to be available here in the Denver area last qtr 07 but its been pushed back to 1st or 2nd qtr 08. Any word on storage capacity??---Ray

I signed up for Comcast broadband the other day and asked about a new HD DVR and was told about this new Tivo DVR. CSR said it was going to be available here in the Denver area last qtr 07 but its been pushed back to 1st or 2nd qtr 08. Any word on storage capacity??---Ray
It's not a different box, it's software that runs on the same Motorola DVR that you may have right now, so storage would be the same.

PaulieORF, Yeah, I've heard that and from 2 different csr's one said its a Panny box and the other said its a Sony box. Don't really care just get it out. The csr I talked to the other day said "they" would be available etc. etc. But what do csr's know. Anything would be better than what I have now. --Ray

To the best of my knowledge the Comcast/Tivo software was only developed for the Motorola box so far. I do believe I saw somewhere they were working on a port to the Scientific Atlanta DVRs that Comcast uses.

PaulieORF, Yeah, I've heard that and from 2 different csr's one said its a Panny box and the other said its a Sony box. Don't really care just get it out. The csr I talked to the other day said "they" would be available etc. etc. But what do csr's know. Anything would be better than what I have now. --Ray

Currently the Comcast Tivo service is only available on Motorola set top boxes.

Does the 30 second skip ahead still work if you load up the Tivo software? I'm in the Denver area as well so its not available here atm but I'm curious to know if it'll still have that feature. I had to "hack" (if you want to call punching in codes to the remote a hack) the remote in order to enable it although my Harmony 649 has it already programmed in. Are the remote codes the same since it is using the same hardware just a different set of software? Also does anybody know if they plan on bringing other Tivo features like Tivo2Go onto the Comcast box? Because to be honest while I understand why some folks would get the Tivo software whether it had this feature or not because they prefer the interface I really don't mind the current interface. So it would take some kind of nice feature upgrade for me to shell out the extra monthly fee for the Tivo software when it becomes available.

Not here in the Nashua area yet either. I was put on their "List". I can't even get the regular DVR from them here. I guess I can wait a bit longer for the Tivo.

JL

Broadbband news reported this morning that Comcast has clarified the pricing for the service and insisted marketing for it will be ramping up shortly. TiVO says Comcast will charge users an extra $2.95 per month for the popular service. Multichannel News notes that this fee is in addition to the fee Comcast charges for normal DVR service:

I am still interested in the answer to nsafreak's question about the 30 second skip in Comcast-with-TIVO. I've gotten pretty fond of that function since I learned how to program it in. We used TIVO for years with DIRECTV and never had that capability.

Every answer I see over at AVS says the 30 second skip does not work with the Comcast/Tivo software. Makes it a no brainer for me, no skip no Tivo......

Every answer I see over at AVS says the 30 second skip does not work with the Comcast/Tivo software. Makes it a no brainer for me, no skip no Tivo......

Ugh, why on earth would they disable the feature? Of course, they want us to watch the darn commercials. Well if that's the case then no Tivo for me.

Same for me - no skip then no TiVo

Why would I pay a premium and not get this critical feature?

Agreed. I do miss the following w.o. Tivo: jump to beginning and slow motion. I'm probably missing something to accomplish those with the Comcast on Demand HD remote. Any suggestions?

Regular Tivos do not do 30 second skip out of the box either.

You need to enable it.

Maybe the same code enables it on the comcast tivo?

That's been tried and it doesn't work. Also, it has been noted that DD 5.1 no longer works either, just Prologic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)