Comcast to Buy Time Warner Cable - Confirmed

One thing is for sure prices will go up cable TV companies are not fair with the public. Pricing is too high and programming is terrible they need to sell channels all a cart but they refused to do so. Also one should not have to agree to a two year contract it should be pay as you go

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

An analyst on cnbc was explaining this deal in laymen s terms. 1 thing I remember him saying is that on the consumer end people probably won't see any change for at least 5 yrs. Regardless the fat cats are going to get fatter.

I don't see it happening as hard as they had with getting NBC Universal this will take longer and will be a lot harder to get through but money talks!!! :D ;) :)

I don't see it happening as hard as they had with getting NBC Universal this will take longer and will be a lot harder to get through but money talks!!! :D ;) :)

What parallels does this have with NBC Universal? They aren't buying content, what channels and content does Time Warner Cable produce and sell to other providers that makes this similar?

What parallels does this have with NBC Universal? They aren't buying content, what channels and content does Time Warner Cable produce and sell to other providers that makes this similar?

I was saying they had a hard time getting it through last time and now it is going to be even harder to get it through this time unless they let Charter take some of the pieces like they were planning to do until Comcast did an end around on them or there is going to be some reall heavy restrictions on them!! imo :)

They did but no one said they couldn't charge too much for the channels.
The terms were:
NBC Comcast conditions said:
Ensuring Reasonable Access to Comcast-NBCU Programming for Multichannel Distribution. Building on successful requirements adopted in prior, similar transactions, the Commission is establishing for rival multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs) an improved commercial arbitration process for resolving disputes about prices, terms, and conditions for licensing Comcast-NBCU’s video programming. The Commission is also requiring Comcast-NBCU to make available through this process its cable channels in addition to broadcast and regional sports network programming.
Another issue that has come up recently is the bandwidth throttling that Comcast is apparently utilizing with Netflix customers. It is covered by this clause:
NBC Comcast conditions said:
Offers standalone broadband Internet access services at reasonable prices and of sufficient bandwidth so that customers can access online video services without the need to purchase a cable television subscription from Comcast.
I suspect that the problem is that the FCC's arbitration process isn't really all that.

I suppose that it is possible that DIRECTV and others just aren't interested but that seems pretty far fetched.