Comcast to Directv ????

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you're in DE, you won't get SNY. You can get it as a part of the sports pack, but the Mets games will be blacked out...

I had DirecTV with Comcast Internet a couple of years ago with a great deal for 6 months ($20/month). After the 6 months, they tried to get me to pay $60/month and I threatened to switch to DSL (which was not yet available). The CSR for Comcast bought it and gave me 6 months at $16/month and another 3 months after that at $20/month.
After that time was up, Comcast tried to take me up to $60/month again. I called and spoke with a CSR who said that Comcast has a policy of only giving customers discounts once and that the CSR I dealt with the first time messed up.
(Actually, the CSR each time was the same person, I always ask CSR's for their employee ID and name just in case I have issues...keeps 'em honest).
This time DSL was available and I signed with SBC for $14/month and although my connection is technically slightly slower, I don't notice any difference as I check my e-mail and surf.

Yeh that will be great but no DSL here yet. I'll talk to comcast about internet service and no way I will pay $60 for it. Lately comcast internet slows down a lot on high pick time, sometimes kind of dial up feeling. DSL at least give you same speed no matter what time in a day or how many members using it same time. How is the picture quality between comcast and DTV for HD and standard channels.

Tell the Cable company that you are thinking of switching, even if you don't have DSL available yet. It's the truth...You are thinking of switching (even though you are not able to yet). Maybe you can speak with a higher up Rep with the Cable company (Customer Retention?) and get them to cut you a deal that they offer to new subscribers on a daily basis.
As far a picture quality. DirecTV's HD service is the only service I've had with HD. To be honest, I never had Comcast television service, only internet.
Compared to my Father-in-laws' Dish HD, I don't see any major difference other than the TV's that the services are on. He has a 50+ inch 6 year old Sony Projection HDTV. I have a 2 year old Toshiba 30" HD.
Although, I have noticed that since I switched to the HD DVR, my Directv image has improved greatly for all channels, but I believe that may be attributed to using Component cables (HDMI had compatability issues with my TV).

Status
Please reply by conversation.