Comcast wants to buy Roku

I would think that that would help prove a lot of technicans correct when they recommend using a separate box to stream with.
Maybe. Or it could just me an Android TV thing I guess. There have been a lot of bugs introduced to the platform of late.

I would think that that would help prove a lot of technicans correct when they recommend using a separate box to stream with.
Maybe those technicians don't know how to "Set Up " the TV .... An ATT tech for example isn't suppose to be setting up TV's, thats not part of the job.

I actually would not know Best Buy delivered and set up my TV.
My XBR55A8H received a software update today and now my Sony remote control's my 2020 Roku Ultra.
Thats interesting ...
My MX-890 remote has always controlled my Roku ... when I do use the Roku.

Such as ?
This way I have something to look for ...
The biggest bug I've come across recently is with the android media player dropping frames, stuttering, and ultimately freezing completely/becoming non-responsive to inputs. This necessitates a hard power reset. I've seen it on all four on my Shields across multiple apps. I did a factory reset on two of the ones that experience it most often, and I am waiting to see if that has lasting effects. Additionally, a few apps, like Prime Video, won't do Dolby Atmos unless you reboot your device, and may still refuse even then. I have confirmed this is the same behavior on my Shield and my Sony X950H. The app hasn't been updated, but I did get Android updates from both Sony and NVIDIA right before this started.

Reactions: reddice
The biggest bug I've come across recently is with the android media player dropping frames, stuttering, and ultimately freezing completely/becoming non-responsive to inputs. This necessitates a hard power reset. I've seen it on all four on my Shields across multiple apps. I did a factory reset on two of the ones that experience it most often, and I am waiting to see if that has lasting effects. Additionally, a few apps, like Prime Video, won't do Dolby Atmos unless you reboot your device, and may still refuse even then. I have confirmed this is the same behavior on my Shield and my Sony X950H. The app hasn't been updated, but I did get Android updates from both Sony and NVIDIA right before this started.
Thanks for the info ...
I haven't had any such issues as of yet.

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts