comcast xfinity

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
i have never been a comcast customer before. Could any of you chime in on your xfinity internet user experience? How was your service? reliable? fast? voip friendly? billing accuracy? hidden fees?

My speed/service have been solid and stable. Billing seems goofy at first they thought i leased one of their modems, but it was easy to clear up. Otherwise, no major outages, no service issues.

i have never been a comcast customer before. Could any of you chime in on your xfinity internet user experience? How was your service? reliable? fast? voip friendly? billing accuracy? hidden fees?

It depends on your area. Comcast does a good job in many areas, but over the years they acquired a number of Mom and Pop cable companies and not all of them were high-speed, low-drag. We had Adelphia (then Comcast) at our old house from 2000-2008 and the Internet service was the pits; months outages, mysterious performance problem, there were major regional outages every quarter, and somebody was always adjusting signal levels in the neighborhood. Plus, I was at the end of a cul de sac at the read of the subdivision near the end of an exteded trunk line so my experiences even worse. Anyway, I restarted service a couple years ago since I work and travel into the area (live in the old house half the time) and the Internet has been rock solid. Comcast must have made some major upgrades from 2008-2010 after Verizon FiOS came to town.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)