Come on Dish! Get a SiriusXM app!

SXM has a lot of app-only (internet only) customers. I doubt they want to sacrifice all that revenue so that Dish customers can get it for free. Just my best guess.

I know. I simply was saying that SiriusXM customers could use their app on Dish Network devices. I wasn’t saying anything about getting access to the app for free. Dish already has a Pandora app, so why not a SiriusXM app?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
I know. I simply was saying that SiriusXM customers could use their app on Dish Network devices. I wasn’t saying anything about getting access to the app for free. Dish already has a Pandora app, so why not a SiriusXM app?

I’m not sure what the benefit of that would be? Instead of just selecting the channel from the Guide, you’d have to launch the app first, then select it. Seems like extra keystrokes to me.

The Pandora app adds additional content that isn’t already in the guide

You use to be able to listen to the SiriusXM channels on the DISH Anywhere app, at the last contract SiriusXM requested that feature removed.

Hard to sell radio / mobile subscriptions if people are getting it for free. :)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I’m not sure what the benefit of that would be? Instead of just selecting the channel from the Guide, you’d have to launch the app first, then select it. Seems like extra keystrokes to me.

The Pandora app adds additional content that isn’t already in the guide

How about stations like SiriusXM Patriot? Which I happen to listen to all the time.

The DISH / SiriusXM agreement is for "select" SiriusXM music channels, not all of them.

If you want all of them you need to subscribe to SiriusXM.

Not part of the package Dish provides.

No, but there are people (including me) that subscribe to both Dish Network and SiriusXM. I’m simply saying that Dish Network could add the SiriusXM app on their devices for those who also subscribe to SiriusXM streaming. Just like how some people subscribe to Pandora One.

No, but there are people (including me) that subscribe to both Dish Network and SiriusXM. I’m simply saying that Dish Network could add the SiriusXM app on their devices for those who also subscribe to SiriusXM streaming. Just like how some people subscribe to Pandora One.

How are they going to differentiate between those who have subs and those who don't? I just use the app on my phone, on the Echo Dot or on the Fire Stick to listen.

How are they going to differentiate between those who have subs and those who don't? I just use the app on my phone, on the Echo Dot or on the Fire Stick to listen.

It should be pretty easy just to add an app (especially since Dish already has a deal with them). All a person has to do after that is log in and they’re good to go.

It should be pretty easy just to add an app (especially since Dish already has a deal with them). All a person has to do after that is log in and they’re good to go.

So, your idea is that the app would only work for those who have a separate sub through SXM? What about those who get the select channels through Dish? I'm just playing devil's advocate here :)

I very rarely play SXM via a HWS. Mostly around Christmas. I’d miss it, but I’d just play more of my CDs and DVDs. Or a Yule log channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)