Comedy Central + HD...cheapest option?

joeyjojojnr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Talking to the satellite sales people on the phone just makes me want to punch people in the face. UGH!

So, we had DirecTV but got sick of the price creeping up every month and finally just cancelled it. We then went OTA and got a new HDTV.

Of course, now we have a nice HDTV, but one can only watch so much PBS.

We'd like to maybe get back with satellite but are trying to figure out the absolute smallest package. Our only demands are:

- some stations in HD (not really picky...as long as I have a few more channels to flip through)
- Comedy Central (which, AFAICT, isn't yet in HD)

The 'please come back to use' offer from DirecTV looked nice at $29.99, but one had to add $9.99 if they want HD as well. So, now we're back up to $40. Not bad, or course, but between having to call them to figure that out and having to talk to 3 different sales people to get that answered, I don't have THAT much interest in DirecTV anymore.

That just leaves Dish. Alas, their web site is cryptic as well. Lots of TV icons that never really match the claimed number of channels available.

So, off the top of anyone's head, any ideas on what the smallest/cheapest package to get from either company would be that meets our minimum standard of Comedy Central + some HD channels?

Well, after doing some googling, it appears that this is a common complaint. It appears that Viacom is HD-phobic and hasn't converted any of its networks to HD, which seems to be annoying a lot of folks aiming for Dish's HD-only package.

Old topic...new question

Denver download

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)