Denver download

raymo721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Earlier tonite my HD DVR went crazy. Could not pull up guide or go to my Dvr recordings. Then it went offline, came back up and started downloading somthing. dl and lite going in a circle showed on the display and after about 45 min. everything was normal. I called customer service before all this started and got a recording that they were aware of a problem in my area and they were working on it then the download started. Download wiped clean all recordings and series priorities. Anyone else have this happen?? DVR seems a little faster. I was hoping for the long awaited Tivo download but no such luck.----Ray

Hi Ray -

I'm in Highlands Ranch. Same thing happened to me last night - the "d1" display and the the thing going around in circles. Was still going on as I left for work this a.m. Called Comcast and all they could tell me that there was an "outage".

Any idea what Comcast is doing?

Hey Denver Atty, I called today and was told they changed some things to the guide and got rid of the lag in time after making a selection. If you look at the info about a show they now have "Rated PG" etc. ---Ray

. . . and I was really starting to enjoy what I call "Cable Box Tourette's". Where you hit a button and nothing happens, so you hit another button . . . and nothing happens. You do it a few more times with zero response . . . and them the box catches up, goes into hyperdrive and executes about 50 commands in 20 seconds.

Hopefully, that's part of the patch.

It seems to be part of the "patch". I have the Moto HD box, a DTC 3416, and its not doing what you discribe any more. Lets see if it lasts, but so far I'm pleased with the results of the download.--Ray

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)