Comedy Central HD Launched / New Sportsman Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You are passing up the offer of 2 HD DVRs in hope for a TiVO, which more likely than not Direct is not going to give you? I know you have had a bad experience with the HRs, but they have come a long way. I have yet to have an issue as many others as well. If it is free, why not take the chance?
Because I run into the programming issue then D* has 3 channel I want that E* doesn't
E* has about 10 that D* doesn't. Plus Equipment I like.
But I've said this a million times thats not why I'm here, I was just saying I would like to have ComedyHD. I'm not upgrading services when I'm sure E* will have ComedyHD in the near future. 2 free HD dvrs isn't enough. I would still have to buy one more and 2 SD DVR's. That would cost me almost $400 in upfront cost . No thank you! I don't even have that invested in my 5 rooms of E* Equipment with my 2.0 Hard drive.

so you dont see Philly or Pittsburgh RSN's / local games? odd.
Monroe,Pike,and Wayne countys in PA have NY , YES,MSG,MSG+ and SNY also Big Ten. This comes in the Choice package. If we Upgrade to the sports pack Then We can get Pittsburgh games not blacked out. Last I checked Philly didn't have any RSN's Exclusive. They have MSG,MSG+

ok I "admit defeat" are you happy? South Park was in HD. so what. i dont even watch Comedy Central. I prefer classic cartoons like The Simpsons, Family Guy and of course the unforgetable DuckTales.

alot of channels remove their HD logo when not in HD. Sci Fi for one. Lots of HD channels like Fox Sports Net affiliates, MLB Network and NHL Network don't even have HD logos on screen (or at all for that matter). the only time you're reminded its HD is when they put up pillarboxes.

funny, my comment wasn't even directed at you either!

no fair i only get 1 RSN without blackouts. (BTN never has blackouts and its on Choice nationwide so its different than FSN, CSN and independent RSN's.)
Now if your talking Football, I get Eagles,and Steelers every week. Giants and Jets, as long as they are on different times, and most times they are.

My in market games are Eagles/ Giants on FOX Default Eagles if on the same time.
Steelers /Jets on CBS Default Steelers is on the same time.

The rest
With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or FAMILIAR or above):

Yankee Ent. & Sports (YES) (Ch. 631) - HD Available New Jersey Nets (HD Available) Yankees (HD Available)
Madison Square Garden (Ch. 634) - HD Available
s.gif
New Jersey Devils (HD Available) New York Islanders (HD Available) New York Knicks (HD Available)New York Rangers (HD Available)
MSG Plus (Ch. 635) - HD Available New York Knicks (HD Available) New York Rangers (HD Available)
SportsNet New York (Ch. 6390) Mets (HD Available)

Thats cause my Local Fox and CBS is out of Scranton /Wilkes-Barre ,PA All the RSN's are from NY. NY is closer then Philly and Much closer then Pittsburgh.

Boy, that's funny. Here I come by to check out Comedy Central in HD and all I see is the past couple of pages of this thread is people talking about RSNs in HD. :D

At least I was able to ferret out the key points: 1) Comedy Central HD PQ is far better than the SD feed; 2) most of the programming is upconverted 4:3 SD, except for a handful of shows (like South Park) and special events. The irony is the bandwidth for the HD version in MPEG4 is probably not that much greater than the MPEG2 (?) of the SD feed. I can't wait to get Stewart and Colbert in HD!

I doubt theyd carry it in MPEG-4 when theres barely any true HD programs on it. Its probably MPEG-2 like most HD channels with little or no HD programs :)cough: MTV, VH1).

Tom, everything that has been added in HD on the new sats is in MPEG 4 (MTV and VH1 included). Even the older legacy channels(ESPN, TNT, Ect..) have been converted over. No new mpeg 2 HD is being added, in fact it is being phased out

well according to channel 77, Showtme, Universal HD and HDNet movies are being moved. I haven't seen any confirmed reports that any other channels are. Seems like a waste of bandwidth for a channel with barely any HD using all of that MPEG-4 bandwidth, but I'm no electrical engineer.

well according to channel 77, Showtme, Universal HD and HDNet movies are being moved. I haven't seen any confirmed reports that any other channels are. Seems like a waste of bandwidth for a channel with barely any HD using all of that MPEG-4 bandwidth, but I'm no electrical engineer.

All HD is in MPEG-4. There are only a few that are also available in MPEG2 for the older Receivers. those will be gone very soon. On your comment about bandwidth, the real waste of bandwidth here is with all those freaking PPVHD channels D added. Comedy central will continue to produce more and more programs in HD. They are already doing more than what MTVHD and VH1HD did when they were launched and are possibly doing more in HD than what those other two crappy channels are right now.

Perhaps I should clarify. All of the older HD channels that are mirrored on the upper channel numbers are mpeg 4, the lower are mpeg 2, and THOSE, by many accounts are going to be phased out. And again, those are the only mpeg 2 HD left on D*. The rest is mpeg 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts