Comedy Central is off

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lets see "We regret to inform 4dtv subscribers comedy central will not be made available to backyard dish owners. You can subscribe to Comedy Central through your local cable company or overpriced pizza pan nazi's".

NPS was paying tier bit fee's on it. If anyone knows what's up they would.

IMHO Showtime / Viacom decided it was time to pull the analog feed altogether. It's in DC II combo mode so I guess the last cable company that was using the analog feed has finished there transition to digital. So as always screw the bud users. :(

The official word from NPS is Comedy Central has left analog for good. Sources say that NPS will be reuplinlking it in the future.

It's a shame that these channels need to be reuplinked. The 2nd generation feeds are never as good as the 1st generation feeds directly from the source. Some of the stuff on G3 C-Band pixelates pretty badly at times. I love the source feeds from Starz and Discovery on C-Band, the picture quality on my 27" standard definition tv is amazing.

It is sad how the cable companies have killed the big dish industry, and continue to kick it when it is down. They want us to have cable, or cable on a stick (aka Dish or Direct).

I do thank SRL and NPS for their hard work in keeping our C-Band systems alive. It is just sad to see that the bandwidth has to be wasted with reuplinking when the programmers could use Digicipher and give us access to the source feeds.. *sigh*

It's a shame that these channels need to be reuplinked. The 2nd generation feeds are never as good as the 1st generation feeds directly from the source. Some of the stuff on G3 C-Band pixelates pretty badly at times. I love the source feeds from Starz and Discovery on C-Band, the picture quality on my 27" standard definition tv is amazing.

It is sad how the cable companies have killed the big dish industry, and continue to kick it when it is down. They want us to have cable, or cable on a stick (aka Dish or Direct).

I do thank SRL and NPS for their hard work in keeping our C-Band systems alive. It is just sad to see that the bandwidth has to be wasted with reuplinking when the programmers could use Digicipher and give us access to the source feeds.. *sigh*

I agree there's nothing like the masters. It's bad enough when they have to reuplink something that is in DC II combo mode or PowerVu that the 4d won't get. But there are masters up there that are 4d friendly such as the NBC universal mux, ABC/Disney mux and the MTV/Viacom mux that they won't let us have. Even though up to about a year ago we had the MTV/Viacom masters.

HITS on X4 does a pretty good job with the second gen signals but that is only because they feed those to cable companies. NPS's G3 mux is very bandwidth stingy and can look awful at times.

I guess we should be happy we still have all the movie channel masters. That's where you still can't beat C band. The HBO masters are great looking. :)

I've seen all the above mentioned DC II and some of the PowerVu masters. It's still some of the best video out there. It's just a shame we only see them when there in FP mode once in a blue mood.:(

you should see the g3 channels on a 46" widescreen!

It looks like a wall of faded colored ice cubes dancing around.

i can't really stand to watch the g3 stuff unless it's on a small tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)