Coming back online (hopefully) soon...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
Thanks to a purchase today from our sponsor Sadoun, I should have an operational satellite system back online soon.

I ordered a Twinhan Starbox USB receiver, which should be shipped out soon. I've also completed a site survey for my relative's property (where I'm living temporarily until my property in Metairie can be made livable), and have set up one of my non-pen mounts in their yard. I have a good view of the arc, so no LOS issues here.

The Pansat 2700 is still sitting idle, since I forgot the remote for it in my house. Should be going back there again soon, but in the meantime I found that "One for All" makes a universal remote that should be compatible with the Pansat. It is their model URC-6131nw, and on the back it lists Pansat and Panarex as compatible devices. It does not list Fortec, Coolsat, Viacast, or any other FTA receivers. It is labeled a "PVR/DVR" remote. I will buy it, give it a try, and post the results here. It is available here in Zachary, LA at Wal-Mart.

Now we can all just hope that Hurricane Rita dissipates. I know that won't happen, but anywhere it hits will have serious problems. If it comes anywhere NEAR Louisiana, what's left of New Orleans will cease to exist.

Stay safe Tron. Rita is shaping up to be another devastating hurricane.

Tron said:
Thanks to a purchase today from our sponsor Sadoun, I should have an operational satellite system back online soon.

I ordered a Twinhan Starbox USB receiver, which should be shipped out soon. I've also completed a site survey for my relative's property (where I'm living temporarily until my property in Metairie can be made livable), and have set up one of my non-pen mounts in their yard. I have a good view of the arc, so no LOS issues here.

The Pansat 2700 is still sitting idle, since I forgot the remote for it in my house. Should be going back there again soon, but in the meantime I found that "One for All" makes a universal remote that should be compatible with the Pansat. It is their model URC-6131nw, and on the back it lists Pansat and Panarex as compatible devices. It does not list Fortec, Coolsat, Viacast, or any other FTA receivers. It is labeled a "PVR/DVR" remote. I will buy it, give it a try, and post the results here. It is available here in Zachary, LA at Wal-Mart.

Now we can all just hope that Hurricane Rita dissipates. I know that won't happen, but anywhere it hits will have serious problems. If it comes anywhere NEAR Louisiana, what's left of New Orleans will cease to exist.

Nice to hear it Tron! If you need a hand let me know I live couple of minutes outside of Zachary. We could get together and shoot the FTA bull.. ;)

Thanks guys! Just received notice that the Starbox is due in by the beginning of next week. Thanks go out to our sponsor Sadoun for working with me and shipping it to my address here in Zachary! :yes

Rita's got me a little jittery. New Orleans is smashed, and it wouldn't take much (even a distant powerful hurricane) to give them trouble down there.

Meanwhile, it seems as though Houston might be in trouble from this one. Another major city in the gulf region in the crosshairs of a monster storm.

Is it December yet? :no

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)