Coming back to DISH...with questions

jetsetter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
OK - So, I used to be a DISH customer and then switched to FIOS for a while...and am interested in coming back to DISH now since Disney deal is done - Kids had to have Disney Jr, so waited for this to happen.

Here are my questions:

1. I have a couple of 722 Receivers when I was a customer last time around - are those any good anymore and can/will they be used and save me money?

2. When do the wireless Joey's become available? Should I just wait till they become available - if not too long?

3. How do I go about getting the best deal - I see some retailers are offering as much as $200 cash back...What's the downside of going through them as compared to directly with DISH? Would the DIRT team be able to help?

Thanks and appreciate your help....

I'm not sure I have seen that Disney JR is in the deal. I imagine it is, but I already see some unforseen changes such as no more ESPN Classic in the guide. (Now to be on demand)
You can use the 722 millions still do, but not with a Hopper on the account. If you do not need HD at all TV's or if you only have two TV's two 722's would cost less.

OK - So, I used to be a DISH customer and then switched to FIOS for a while...and am interested in coming back to DISH now since Disney deal is done - Kids had to have Disney Jr, so waited for this to happen.

Here are my questions:

1. I have a couple of 722 Receivers when I was a customer last time around - are those any good anymore and can/will they be used and save me money?

2. When do the wireless Joey's become available? Should I just wait till they become available - if not too long?

3. How do I go about getting the best deal - I see some retailers are offering as much as $200 cash back...What's the downside of going through them as compared to directly with DISH? Would the DIRT team be able to help?

Of course, 722's are still good. Probably would save you money pending your desired setup.

Joeys are wireless with an adapter. Don't believe there are plans otherwise, unless with the Super Joey.

DIRT.

Here are my questions:

1. CAN you, assuming they are owned ("I have")? Yes. If you lease them, they will be used. Old. Worn. And at the same current full price.

2. The current Joeys can be run wirelessly. New version, I believe in MAY. Why wait?

3. Just use DIRT. And you COULD use a referral code, such as one from below, to save $50 for me and thee. DIRT can let you know if there are better savings to be had. Don't call the usual Dish CSRs. You might get a good one. With DIRT, you WILL get a good one.

Please tell us how many HDTVs and SDTVs need independent or mirrored viewing. That will help us help you in what is cheapest or best for you.

If they are owned 722's they will work. What strings are attached with the dealers offer. Compare it to what you can get directly from Dish as a new subscriber. Does the dealer's offer include a Hopper with Sling?

Let me elaborate. The current Joey can be set up using coax, and once that is running, plug in the wireless USB adapter Dish sells (reasonable price) and disconnect the coax. It will then work over your current wireless network, assuming you have one.

The "new" wireless Joey comes wireless and with a dedicated link so it's not on your current wireless network. MIGHT work better that way.

Keyboard sticking?

Spam machine. He started a thread trying to sell something but I can't even figure out what it is. I really can't imagine him actually ripping anyone off with this because it's pretty incomprehensible.

Spam machine. He started a thread trying to sell something but I can't even figure out what it is. I really can't imagine him actually ripping anyone off with this because it's pretty incomprehensible.

??? What does that mean?

??? What does that mean?

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you. There was a spammer posting a bunch of jibberish in this thread and other threads on this website. Those spam posts have since been deleted so it may have looked like I was talking about you but I wasn't.

OK - Seems like a simple question - but did not see any answers to this on the Press Release or other places either... When do these new disney channels become available? I know that's one of the main reasons I have waited this long, as my kids want Disney Jr and I don't want to sign up to find out it's still no available.... Any thoughts on when they get lit? Thanks

Hints are for a spring launch.That could be from now until May,so perhaps somewhere in between.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)