Coming back to time warner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wdh2313

Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
Going back to time warner tomorrow after 2 yrs,i left them for dish network. I wish i can stay with dish but im getting tired of the channels freezing and having no hd. See when i sign up with dish i had no hdtv at the time so i bought the 625 dvr. Now i want hd and overall better picture quality,and dish won't let me lease a hd dvr due to poor credit but i can go and get a car no money down go figure. So here i am going back to time warner and getting hd dvr and i was wondering i know im not going to get 150hrs sd recording time but how much recording time do i get with time warner hd dvr in sd only? Im not looking to record hd content,i no it takes up alot space in hd.

I don't know exactly the SD hours, but I believe it's close to 100 or so.
I have recently rejoined TW myself and the PQ is far better than I remember it from about
4 years ago. It's the best I've ever seen on my TV.

Yea i notice the same thing with the PQ looks alot better then dish network. But im not liking the mystro software,it's lacking alot of features that i had with dish network 625 dvr.Folders for recorded series able to protect recorded events from being erase also miss my 30 sec fast forward button. And the guide on dish was more detailed on the shows and movies like episode # and told you atleast the 3 main actors or actresses in the show or movie. Also the guide is only 5 days compare to dish's 9 day. But im getting more channels for about the same price and i have my ondemand channels back. So a rate them as the following:

1=poor 10=great

Overall 8

Customer care 7

Picture quality 9

Channel selections 8

DVR features 4

Well may be it's worth calling them and asking why the
30 skip forward is disabled. (Embarrass them a little)

I guess TW is more related to "content" than Dish,
so disabling the 30 second skip is more of a "business" decision
on their part.

Same reason they make it impossible to block all of PPV is one fell swoop.

Dude it's not they disable it that button isn't on the remote. Your right i could hide the ppv on my dish dvr,you can only hide the titles on twc dvr with the mystro software not sure about the dvr's with the sara software. Overall im happy with twc but they need to update the dvr features.

I'm a new subscriber in Los Angeles.
The box I have is the Motorola DCH3416

On my remote, the page up/down buttons seem to do double duty
as the 30 second skip back/forward.

The page down button, actually works, an immediate 30 second
(approx,) jump back. But the the page up does nothing.
This is why I say it's disabled.

just as a reminder, you can get a tivo HD (I know I know 250 bucks is expensive) but TIVO is rock solid, and will be able to use SDV and on demand technology later this year.

yep, right now i Have dish network and Time warner (wife loves On demand) and I havent got a tivo because of the on demand thing, but that is changing soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)