Legacy twin lnb with 322 receiver

medney

Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
I have recently upgraded my home to Dish Network HD service with a dish 1000 using 722's and a 322. I have a legacy twin lnb with an sw21 switch on a tripod that I use with my RV. What will I need to do to make this legacy dish work with my new 322 - I only need to use one tuner from the 322 for one TV in my RV?

Thanks
medney

I have recently upgraded my home to Dish Network HD service with a dish 1000 using 722's and a 322. I have a legacy twin lnb with an sw21 switch on a tripod that I use with my RV. What will I need to do to make this legacy dish work with my new 322 - I only need to use one tuner from the 322 for one TV in my RV?

Thanks
medney

You need two cable runs from the Legacy Twin to the receiver and run check switch.

How do I run 2 cable runs when the sw21 switch turns the 2 cables out of the dish into one. Do I not need to use the sw21?

If you have a Legacy Twin lnb, you don't need the SW21. The SW21 combines 119 and 110 from two separate legacy dual lnbs. The Twin lnb has both 119 and 110 in the same cable run.

I've attached pictures of both, the first one is a Legacy Dual and the second one is a Twin Legacy. Tell us what you have.

Attachments

• dual-Lnbf.gif
    dual-Lnbf.gif
    24 KB · Views: 244
  • legacytwin.gif
    legacytwin.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 522
I have the dual which is already connected to a sw21.

Then these are your options:

Get another Legacy Dual lnb and another SW21 and run two cables to the 322. You use the SW21 to combine 119 and 110.

Get a Dish Pro Plus Twin lnb and run a single cable to the 322. You can use the DP Separator.

Get a DP Twin lnb and run two cables to the 322 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)