"Coming Soon" HD channels disappear!

HDNewser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2007
Long Island, New York
Looking at the onscreen program guide today, I noticed that all the promised HD channels that had been listed since November as "Coming Soon" were not there anymore. We're talking about NBA-HD, A&E's C/I HD, and the handful of travel/cooking/autos/pets/Spanish channels from Byron Allen's Entertainment Studios.com. Checked to see if there'd been a software upgrade overnight, but it's still Release 1.6.0/Build 6.89 here in the New York City suburbs.

So does ANYBODY actually receive these Entertainment Studios channels? I was wondering if they had launched anywhere. They seem like a cheap and easy way to add value to the Premium HD Pack on Dish Network too. :)

Back in September the six Entertainment Studios channels were rumored to launch after the New Year, but so far they have yet to lauch and nobody seems to know when these channels may go live. Even so, it's amazing how much FiOS TV is smoking the competition when it comes HD quantity and quality.

In the Tampa market we finally got Encore HD, Chiller, HSN HD, Indieplex, Retroplex, Blues Highway and one or two others. Finally!

None of the .TV stations ever showed as coming soon in the guide, only on the online .pdf.

I cannot figure out why they haven't added Crime and Investigation HD. We have Crime and Investigation SD. What is the hold up with HD? I know it exists. It is available on DirecTV with the extra HD package. I have FIOS and DirecTV, but I don't have the extra HD package with DirecTV since getting FIOS. I get every other channel in the package with FIOS, so I am not paying an extra $5 for one channel with DirecTV. I used to watch it sometimes but I am not going to watch it again until I can get it in HD again. I am not going to watch it for months on DirecTV in HD and then watch it in SD on FIOS. I can't go back.

I am not a baseball fan but many are and why the heck would they not launch the MLB Network in HD? They gave us the SD version on day one. DirecTV has both the SD and HD versions.

I can understand if a channel isn't live yet, it obviously isn't FIOS' fault. It probably isn't FIOS fault with the .tv channels. But there is no excuse for three months of waiting for Encore HD and the others in some markets but not others. There is also NO EXCUSE for not having Crime and Investigation HD and MLB TV HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts