Comments about Mark Cuban Answers

spindoctor said:
well ....what you know
1.who are you to tell me how to express myself.
2.if you read his post [READ]he said simply, thats the last post he will make about
HD lite.(so what's there to ask)
3.FYI when he was starting out with HDNET he was asking us everyday for our support ,
and to call the providers so they can carry his channel.(but then you wouldn't know that) do you want to see all the posts?
4.did you read(READ) the article,did you see his quotes( and you are asking me to post some contradictory quotes?)
5.that #11 next to boy ,would that be your age?
6.good for you wanting to remain a supporter of mark cuban.
sonnyboy would you pleaaase paass the jeelly.

Glad l you posted back. All are correct. that is why I opened this thread. If Mark C. wants to read it here and comment... then let him. I have no problem.

BobMurdoch said:
Aim your wrath at the guys who are butchering the resolution, not him..

But the whole point of Spin's quote was to say that Cuban publically did express wrath at the satellite and cable industries and urged viwers and manufactures to do the same. Spin's point is than in less than 6 months, he has flip flopped 180 degrees. He is a public figure and should be called to account here or anywhere else. I would agree that he is a big man and capable of answering these questions himself if and when he wants too.

I too admire HDNET. It doesn't mean that I have to kiss ass just because he has consented from "time to time" to particiapte in this forum. Just as long as we follow the rules and the rule was not to comment in the Q&A forum to keep marks comments clear and not mucked up. Do that here or in another thread. Even Scott agrees.

You all got to remeber one thing.. mark is human. just like the rest of us, and he is also one man. just like us.. the only diffrence between him and us is a global multi million/billion dollar empire.

with that said.. he has to protect his assets and hd net is one of them

keeping a good relationship with D* and E* is one way he has to protect his assets..

We all know that the E* and D* trolls are here... ;)

If he was to say anything bad about hdlite that could potentally hurt his relationship with D* and E*...

As far as him having D*.. of course he doesnt know because D* is nothing but HDLITE. Granted HD still looks damm good, but it doesnt have the True WOW Factor as were all accustomed to seeing. If I didnt firmly belive in us being able to make a change with the sat co's, I wouldnt be launching stophdlite.com next week. as far as resolution wise. I do agree with mark on giving the companies the abilites to mess around with diffrent technologies, but that does not require changing resolutions. Expecally on E* where they were at one time doing true hd at 3 per tp.. then just dropped down to 3 per tp of hd lite. why waist the space with hd lite?? I can understand them lowering bitrates with MPG4 technology as it offers more compression. but mark this is mpg2 that there doing it on and dish has been running mpg2 for years. there is a diffrence between tesing new technologies and blaintly runing the hd experiance. granted not all of dish's hd is in lite.. its mainly associated with voom and hd LIL...

Just be careful. Use tact for a change. Slinging anger back and forth may be the "internet way", but it causes the powers that be to turn up the squelch knob and tune us out as a bunch of whiners who will never be happy.

Keep your questions intelligent and your tone measured and you will achieve more than ripping anyone who has a viewpoint different than yours....

At the very least, reward his direct contact with us and give him a light touch for a while. Do you see Rupert or Charlie or any of his ilk coming by to talk to us peons? He scores mad points with me for even attempting to answer our questions directly in a semi regular fashion.

BobMurdoch said:
At the very least, reward his direct contact with us and give him a light touch for a while. Do you see Rupert or Charlie or any of his ilk coming by to talk to us peons? He scores mad points with me for even attempting to answer our questions directly in a semi regular fashion.

A VERY BIG AMEN. :)

goaliebob99 said:
You all got to remeber one thing.. mark is human. just like the rest of us, and he is also one man. just like us.. the only diffrence between him and us is a global multi million/billion dollar empire.

with that said.. he has to protect his assets and hd net is one of them

keeping a good relationship with D* and E* is one way he has to protect his assets..

We all know that the E* and D* trolls are here... ;)

If he was to say anything bad about hdlite that could potentally hurt his relationship with D* and E*...

As far as him having D*.. of course he doesnt know because D* is nothing but HDLITE. Granted HD still looks damm good, but it doesnt have the True WOW Factor as were all accustomed to seeing. If I didnt firmly belive in us being able to make a change with the sat co's, I wouldnt be launching stophdlite.com next week. as far as resolution wise. I do agree with mark on giving the companies the abilites to mess around with diffrent technologies, but that does not require changing resolutions. Expecally on E* where they were at one time doing true hd at 3 per tp.. then just dropped down to 3 per tp of hd lite. why waist the space with hd lite?? I can understand them lowering bitrates with MPG4 technology as it offers more compression. but mark this is mpg2 that there doing it on and dish has been running mpg2 for years. there is a diffrence between tesing new technologies and blaintly runing the hd experiance. granted not all of dish's hd is in lite.. its mainly associated with voom and hd LIL...

Cuban makes money selling his product to D* and E*. Of course he is going blow off our PQ concerns. Greed has killed the HD savior so many of you worshipped, he is certainly not going to bite the hands putting money in his coffers, i.e. D*. If you want to know his programming plans then ask him but other than that he is irrelevant to the PQ we see on our screens. Our providers control that. And Cuban could care less.

Last edited:
spindoctor said:
dragon
now you wouldn't be another MC supporter, would you?

but then who cares.

as far as for your comment [he was full of fresh air] you made me laugh

he is full allright.....

no not a supporter, dont even have HD yet, when i do it will be directv.

spindoctor said:
well ....what you know
1.who are you to tell me how to express myself.
2.if you read his post [READ]he said simply, thats the last post he will make about
HD lite.(so what's there to ask)
3.FYI when he was starting out with HDNET he was asking us everyday for our support ,
and to call the providers so they can carry his channel.(but then you wouldn't know that) do you want to see all the posts?
4.did you read(READ) the article,did you see his quotes( and you are asking me to post some contradictory quotes?)
5.that #11 next to boy ,would that be your age?
6.good for you wanting to remain a supporter of mark cuban.
sonnyboy would you pleaaase paass the jeelly.

Whoa! Good comeback! You really got me there dude. Keep up the excellent work. :rolleyes:

Alright. So we all agree that Mark has sold out and should not be held accoutable for early statements. Sounds like the White house. I do appreciate him being here but that does not give him special status from genuoin critisism. He wants to critisize those on the anti-HDLITE side, that is his right too. That is what the forum is for. So let's debate.

gutter said:
Bullsh*t. I opened this thread for just that purpose to debate and discuss what he says. Because he is a billionaire doesn't make is opinion as the only one or make it right. he has had a lot of opinions and now on both sides of the same HDLITE issue. I think it is important to note that. He shouldn't be given a pass but I also agree that we should not muck up the Q&A thread with our comments. There are other places to do just that like this thread. So don't tell us what we can or cannot do as long as are following protocol.

Agreed. Thanks Gutter.

Once again, he has no responsibility to talk to us directly. How about cutting him some slack until he has beenhere for a while, or you'll kill the direct connection before it even gets started.

Otherwise, plan on a few more years of arguing amongst yourselves. Right now, it takes several hundred of us to argue in favor of a particular change. Play it right, and one good idea could be the earworm that affects change for the better, if you get it unfiltered to the right person....

OK...bob let's just give in to anything that Cuban says. 6 months ago he was considered leading the fight against HDLITE in a very public forum. Which Mark Cuban are we to believe? So today we support his newest position on HDLITE and tomorrow, when D* or E* decide to try an even lower resolution, we should support Cuban in his support for them and his own wallet.

If I had placed this in the same Q&A thread, you would have a valid point. But Cuban himself is the one who is cutting off the debate now by saying he will answer no more questions on the issue. If it his right to do so as it is our right to differ. I don't feel I want to cut any slack until he spells out the reason for his "FLIP- FLIP."

Signed.

HD Veterans against HDLITE. LOL

I think that the only way the resolution issues will ever be fixed is when enough people are exposed to true HD (via DVD-HD), become educated, and start screaming for a superior product. Then possibly, those that are paying the manufacturers of HD products (Televisions, Gaming, DVD's, DVD Players, etc), and programming providers will have enough clout to make a difference. We all know money talks and bulls**t walks.

gutter said:
OK...bob let's just give in to anything that Cuban says. 6 months ago he was considered leading the fight against HDLITE in a very public forum. Which Mark Cuban are we to believe? So today we support his newest position on HDLITE and tomorrow, when D* or E* decide to try an even lower resolution, we should support Cuban in his support for them and his own wallet.
If I had placed this in the same Q&A thread, you would have a valid point. But Cuban himself is the one who is cutting off the debate now by saying he will answer no more questions on the issue. If it his right to do so as it is our right to differ. I don't feel I want to cut any slack until he spells out the reason for his "FLIP- FLIP."
Signed.
HD Veterans against HDLITE. LOL

I didn't say give in to everything, but when dealing with him think of yourself as a reporter asking questions. Make a jerk of yourself and get ignored or he stops the dialogue entirely.

Things are changing right now faster in the last month than they have in the last 5 years with Mpeg4 transitioning, Lifetime/Oxygen/Fine Living, new hardware, HD LILs, bunches of new HD channels, and a host of other wrenching changes. I myself would much rather have a VIP talking to us rather than ignoring us, which I guarantee will happen if you hammer him. And you will unequivacally show what happens when any bigwigs lower themselves to actually trying to talk to us out here in the trenches. I'm not saying to drink the Kool Aid, but watch your tone, and cut him a little slack until he finds that there is value here in the dialogue. Once the mutual repsect is established, feel free to start bringing up the tough questions.

Maybe Mr. Cuban would like to take a look at a BUD with a 4DTV/HDD200? I know this combo is NOT a Pizza DISH and NOT for everyone BUT is just MIGHT be a GOOD REFERENCE POINT. >>>>>> JMHO

BryanSR

Gutter,
The old saying is "It's not what you say but how you say it that counts". I absolutely agree that HD Lite is not the future (next 6 months) but getting the public a broader spectrum of programming where they will latch on to 1 or 2 channels will drive HD as a whole greater than a few channels with exceptional quality. By the way HDNet is one of my favorite channels because of its exceptional quality. We are all early adopters and we pay the price for it.

bryansr said:
Maybe Mr. Cuban would like to take a look at a BUD with a 4DTV/HDD200? I know this combo is NOT a Pizza DISH and NOT for everyone BUT is just MIGHT be a GOOD REFERENCE POINT. >>>>>> JMHO
BryanSR

I as a C-bander can't understand how people can stand the SD-Lite on the other systems and am not the least bit surprised that the HD is going downhill also. The only thing that will convince anyone to offer better quality is when they start to feel it in the bottom line, I will not pay for substandard quality and if the only good HD I can get is OTA and Blu-ray/HD-DVD then so be it.

I know Im gonna get ripped for this

I want to preface my opinion with these facts.

I am tech illiterate. I come here for help and to learn a little and you guys have been fantastic. I cant mention enough how your opinions and knowledge have helped making me a more educated consumer.

The second point is Im a loud mouth. Argumentative by nature and love to debate about anything. Especially when Im right!

That being said I have to agree with the posters that want us to temper our responses when dealing with MC. Ok so we dont get to puff up and say hey we are right and you are wrong. BUT we do get to keep this dialogue open.

If MC has a rough time here forget every trying to grow what we have here. If his time here is filled with decent dialogue and debate then this might mushroom into something fantastic.

Im not saying to be yes men and nod up and down to everything he says. All Im saying is its not all about being right. Its the way we go about being right.

Temper our responses and debate his answers here in this thread and I feel we will all gain a little more from this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts