Comments about Mark Cuban Answers

Wayn23 said:
I would like to believe that things could improve PQ wise in thefuture but answer this. Has the PQ improved in all the years they have been doing SD or did it get worse?.

All perfect points. The sad thing is that many people of have just SD think theya re getting the full rez of SD. They don't know that was taken away from them years ago and think it is the new norm.

That is what makes this whole HDLITE debate scary.:mad:

Wayn23 said:
I would like to believe that things could improve PQ wise in thefuture but answer this. Has the PQ improved in all the years they have been doing SD or did it get worse?
I see the new bandwidth being freed up will just be taken away by an ever increasing number of Local HD channels. If everyone accepts lower quality then thats what you will keep getting, just look at all the cheaply made crap that is being sold in stores nowadays that has replaced well made stuff we used to be able to buy. We have power to change things by not buying substandard quality, if you can except the PQ as good enough you should buy it. I myself hope that enough people will be willing to say no.

Hence why I want to buy COMMERCIAL versions of most of my new appliances since they will last longer. There's a toaster in this house like 30-50 years old made by General Mills and it STILL works meanwhile one of the toasters we planned to replace it with broke down. This old toaster is heavy and has strings of metal that heat up to toast said product, the cord is fabric and the plug is round with two equally long prongs.
I really can't agree with you more, if the market accepts it then that will become the standard and like I've said before I HATE 4:3 and yet this is what FoxTV and Dish are doing when they broadcast in HD-Lite. HD was created the way it was for a REASON, to mimic WS, to give a more theater like experience and not just give a higher res.

Sarang said:
I assume you're joking around gutter.

No I really think that your conclusion is ridiculous. HD was always paramount along with digital. WS was just the nature progression because that is what the movies did in the 40's. TV 4X3 was designated becaues that was the way movies where back in the late 40's when TV was introduced. HD means Highrez first. The screen ratio has nothing to do with the specifics of HD other than the format. SD could easily have been 16X9 had the FCC wanted it back in the 40's.

Looks like Mark made a big splash one day and then left for good. It was fun while it lasted, but I think ALL the Mark Cuban threads are now dead.

Last edited:
txcruiser said:
Looks like Mark made a big splash one day and then left for good. It was fun while it lasted, but I think ALL the Mark Cuban threads are now dead.
I hope you are wrong. I think he is a bigger person than that but also with heavy demands on his time. I am sure he will be back and will post as he does on other forums.

txcruiser said:

Considering how a few slammed him for HD Lite, I'm not surprised.

Congrats on killing another direct line of communication to those who have no clue as to how to treat a volunteer with respect......

I guess respect= kiss ass at any cost. We were not saying that. he change his views publicly 180 percent. It is his right... but it is also my right to publicly disagree. Which I most certainly do. What I always liked about this forum is its ability engage in an exchange of a variety of views without being personal. Nobody was personal. And we did not clutter his particular thread with disagreements. That's the reason I created this thread. let's not become like another forum with super egos and super moderators. What you get is a super pain in the ass. Mark will be back. Scott said so and I believe him He wants it confined to HDNET issues and I agree....in that thread.

And it's his right to tell you to f off by never coming back......

I'M just saying that it might be nice to throw a few softballs for a few weeks until you establish a comfort level....

Jeez, haven't you ever toned down your bad habits on a first date? He spends one day taking time out of a billionaire's life to answer a few of us lowly peons' questions, and you slam the door on him right out of the gate.

I didn't say that respect = kissass, but I don't think the way to earn respect from HIM is to slam him on day one. Scott did some good work getting him to agree to stop by regularly and we showed him emphatically why we pain in the ass internet fanboys need to be ridiculed and ignored, when we harp on things he has little control over. Yes, it would have been nice if he stuck to his guns on the higher resolution, but his first goal right now is to get his channel carried in as many outlets as possible, and then fill the channels with as much quality content as the budget can afford. He has already lost millions being one of the HD pioneers and he should be applauded, not derided.....

I guess you didn't read my post well or Scott's. And besides, I didn't invite Mark to read this thread. I did applaud what he has done and have said so. but I am not going to be shut down. Now if I said something about him personal, I think you would have a point. My comments were on the specific subject. He is a billionaire as you said and he doesn't have time to stop by every single week. I didn't expect him to before and I don't now.

Last edited:
BobMurdoch said:
And it's his right to tell you to f off by never coming back......

I'M just saying that it might be nice to throw a few softballs for a few weeks until you establish a comfort level....
Mark's familiar with how internet forums work. After reading some of the responses to his blog, I'm sure that he's got a much thicker skin than you give him credit for. If he wants to come back, he'll come back when/if he has time or finds questions that are worth answering.

As far as "softball" questions go, I've got no use or interest in that (for Mark, Charlie, or anyone else for that matter). If we have real questions, we want real answers. Otherwise, we might as well send fluff questions to a publicist.

BobMurdoch said:
Yes, it would have been nice if he stuck to his guns on the higher resolution, but his first goal right now is to get his channel carried in as many outlets as possible, and then fill the channels with as much quality content as the budget can afford.
If that's his goal, his brief and flippant response to the providers-down-rezzing-content question has had the opposite effect on me. Given his earlier, emphatic admonishment to demand the best, I thought we had a champion fighting for quality. If he's abandoned that position for practical business reasons, that's fine, but that doesn't mean that we have to blindly agree with him.

By posting these responses in a different thread, I think it's kept the main question thread clean while allowing us an opportunity to comment on what was said.

Scott

Today marks the 1 month anniversary of Mark C.'s last comments. But since the NBA ALL STAR weekend is now upon us I seriously doubt here's coming back here anytime soon. If I had tons of $$$ I know I wouldn't either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)