commercial volume out of control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Billy Mays sucks and so do these loud a$$ commercials! The only thing worse is when they repeat a commercial several times or play it on every break! Its like what is the goal, to piss me off so much I will never buy your product?

Maybe if there are enough complaints from people who will refuse to patronize any vendor who does this (including Dish PPV) it will stop.

I have another solution, which targets the advertisers who pay for the commercials. But it will take a campaign by many of us to make it work:

When a commercial is too loud, I hit the Mute button to kill all the sound. And I don't restore the sound until I see that all commercials are over and the main programming has returned.

What effect does this have? I not only miss the marketing of the loud commercial, I miss all the marketing of all the commercials that air after that, in this particular commercial block. If you are an advertiser, do you want consumers like me missing your ads that you paid to air because another company's ad forced me to turn the sound off? Maybe we can get the advertisers to set their own volume standards by doing this.

If I miss the start of the main programming, I just use Dish's skip back button to start a few seconds earlier. By using Mute instead of the volume buttons, I don't lose the volume I set correctly for the main programming.

So how about it? Can we start a movement here? A people's campaign, aimed at the advertising industry? Sande

This is what I really love, its not just the entire time of commericals... every so often, I'll hear just one or two commericals in the section that are really loud. Comparing it to cable I had in my hotel room this past weekend, not so bad on Dish.

CNN-HD seems to be worse than other channels (at least on dish network). Late at night, I'll be watching CNN and then they cut to a commercial and BOOM! everyone in the house wakes up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)