Commercials interrupting Programs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billk1

Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
In the past week I've noted on three occasions that commercials end after programming begins. I've seen this on news shows involving interviews on Fox News HD. Looks like DirecTV isn't coordinated with Fox. Anyone else notice this?

Are these DirecTV commercials or ones that could be from the channels itself? I have also noticed this a few times and I think they were regular commercials, so this would be Fox's problem.

Commercials Interupting

Yes, I have also noticed the commercials interupting on FOXHD. I suspect they are indeed Directv ads because they are at the end and are usually Directv based ads (Game Lounge or how to use the "Movers" program",or pay per view message). I did send an email to Directv and got the "We will forward your message to management" reply. We will see what happens.

Most networks provide time within their programs for the program provider, either satellite or cable, to insert their own commercials. That's usually part of the compensation arrangement for carrying the network. However, the networks have to give the timings to the provider as to when to insert the commercials. That information is entered into a computer and it automatically inserts the commercials at the designated time. If for any reason the network timings are wrong, and it can be just a second or two, then the commercials will run either early or late cutting off part of the program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)