Commitment is gone!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My 2 year commitment appears to be gone as well.

I'm staying, want to see how all the upgrades shake out.

Keep in mind, if you do leave and then come back, you NEVER will get the New Sub packageing deals, and or equipment, So if your thinking , drop service and get equipment free under New sub, it won't happen.

JMO,

Jimbo

This is actually an interesting topic. Last September, due to problems and many tech visits (missed time from work, etc.), I told a CSR that I wanted my comittment waived. He stated that it is automatically generated when a new piece of equipment is activated (i.e. H10, H20, etc.). He did put a notation in my account to allow me to leave with no penalty due to the problems I've had. However, as mentioned in a previous post, it still shows up in the list of stuff...

Programming Service

DIRECTV DVR Service
DIRECTV Protection Plan
To Our Valued Customer:
Annual Commitment
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS
HBO STARZ SHOWTIME CMAX SPORTS
HD Package
NHL Center Ice: 2005-06 Season
MLB Extra Innings 2006 Season
Additional Receiver

FWIW, I plan on staying and see this MPEG4 transition (and the NFL Sunday Ticket) through. However, it is tempting to take one of the tempting cable offers and the ONE wire only that has to be connected to the house. I am not looking forward to putting the AT9/5LNB dish on a pole and trenching 4 coax cables back to the house...ugh.

Last edited:
I too am planing on waiting a bit. Dish net's $299 upgrade for their HD DVR just doesn't sound appealing. Neither does their HD-lite voom package. I'll be moving down to Sacramento in a month or so where I can get OTA with no problem. I'll also have comcast, though their HD DVR can only record 15 hours. But, they have all 4 networks plus PBS and HBO, Showtime, Starz and cinemax HD:D . And, I think they don't do HD-lite also!

Proc said:
This is actually an interesting topic. Last September, due to problems and many tech visits (missed time from work, etc.), I told a CSR that I wanted my comittment waived. He stated that it is automatically generated when a new piece of equipment is activated (i.e. H10, H20, etc.). He did put a notation in my account to allow me to leave with no penalty due to the problems I've had. However, as mentioned in a previous post, it still shows up in the list of stuff...

Programming Service

DIRECTV DVR Service
DIRECTV Protection Plan
To Our Valued Customer:
Annual Commitment
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS
HBO STARZ SHOWTIME CMAX SPORTS
HD Package
NHL Center Ice: 2005-06 Season
MLB Extra Innings 2006 Season
Additional Receiver

FWIW, I plan on staying and see this MPEG4 transition (and the NFL Sunday Ticket) through. However, it is tempting to take one of the tempting cable offers and the ONE wire only that has to be connected to the house. I am not looking forward to putting the AT9/5LNB dish on a pole and trenching 4 coax cables back to the house...ugh.

I received the free 40GB DVR last Friday, and I told the CSR that I was not going to be under any commitment. I took a 2nd call to another CSR to clear the commitment, and so here is my configuration:

Programming Service

DIRECTV DVR Service
TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER
HD Package
Additional Receiver
Minimum Service
No Annual Commitment

I confirmed my commitment yesterday with a call after I activated my almost Free Tivo unit. Of course, as I was talking to the 2nd CSR, the activating CSR restarted my commitment. They then fixed it for me and my 2 year commitment started in NOvember when I activated a now dormant R15.

My online account does say "No annual commitment" in addition to "Annual Commitment" after activating the Tivo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)