Commscope RG-6 Underground

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Someone on E-Bay is selling new 1000' reels of Commscope underground RG-6 coax cable for $40 plus $25 S&H. I believe this is an excellent price and this coax would be great to wire my satellite dishes this spring. However, I searched online and have not found Commscope coax that is orange in color. Is this a rip-off or is it really Commscope RG-6 underground cable?

The seller doesn't mention coax specs or any additional information. Photo is attached.

Attachments

• a0_2.jpg
    a0_2.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
I saw on Commscope's website that the orange is a conduit covering. I also found another seller on E-Bay selling the same cable with a complete description with coax specs and lower shipping charges.

That is what our local Mediacom used to hook up the cable modem for my wife's at home work. Sounds like a good deal. Also check out Sadoun. I bought a 1000' reel in a box of good quality cable (same as what the Dish installer used) last year for around that same price shipped.

That flooded coax gets messy. I'd make sure not to use it anywhere but underground. Personally I prefer to bury PVC conduit, which is cheap anyway.

I have about 4 or 5 rolls of dual underground RG-6 coax wire that is black and 1000 foot in length that I wouldn't mind selling myself. I got it from someone that had some stuff leftover from a warehouse that went out of business a while back. I got around $90 out of one that I was able to sell on ebay around a year ago. I have enough other coax wire to do me and do not need much underground coax wire.

I believe I am going to go the conduit route as demOnlord suggested. Yes iafirebuff, I also saw that Sadoun sells good quality Perfect Vision coax that Dish Network uses and I plan on buying some from him soon along with some other items. I may go with using RG-11 coax from the dishes into the house and then use RG-6 through out the house.

Go to the local cable company, and look in the dumpster.
You wouldn't believe the spools of wire they throw away.

I picked up a full spool of quad shield RG6. It was white instead of black, and had a note on it written in marker that said "TRASH - No White Cable"

I've found half spools of Orange wire as well.

Strangely, Maybe they had a deal to trade in dishes, but I've seen old Dish receivers ( like the 3900, etc. ) in there.

I ain't too proud to dumpster dive. ;)

I ain't too proud to dumpster dive. ;)
I have a friend who owns a trash removal business. That guy comes home with more working electronics and various household items (tons of clothes and small trinkets with tags still on them) then you could imagine. It's actually sad to think that people toss out so much stuff. I used to have him looking out for electronic items for me to play with, but I have such a stockpile of stuff now, that I just told him to pass it to the next guy or dump it on ebay these days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)