Compare X 16 Multi Switches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

triphoss

Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Northern California
I am new to the forum, I have searched for and found many answers here in the past, but just joined as I can't find any info on my question today.

I am installing lines for several receivers (total 12 lines) and need a multiswitch, and advice as to the difference between the $500 one and the $139 one, butthe site won't let me post links because I am new. That kinda sucks but here are the product descriptions:

Zinwell MS6X16WB DIRECTV Wide Band 6x16 Multi-Switch Support AT9 KA/KU 250 - 2150 MHz MPEG-4 Capable Satellite Dish Antenna Multiswitch, AC/DC Power Adapter, Part # MS-6X16-WB-Z
[SWB616] $139.95 from Summit source (DOT Com)

or

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Satellite USA WBS41602NF Wide Band Ka/Ku DIRECTV 4x16 Satellite Multiswitch (WBS41602NF) $550 from Solid Signal (DOT com)
[/FONT]

I have a slimline 5LNB dish.
I don't see any X12 multiswitches, so i would rather have more and whatever is best for the future.
I simply can't tell the difference between these two X16's. I am not afraid to spend the extra money if I need to, but seriously I have no idea what the difference is between these two. Does anyone have experience with either of these multiswitches? (or the retailer if it is a factor? ) I see links to Solid signal on these forums often, just found Summit source tonight.

Thanks for you help.

The cheaper one WILL work just fine for your needs - it's powered, so you shouldn't have any power issues. It's also specifically approved by D* themselves.
The other one is most likely for commercial applications, which I'm assuming yours is NOT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)