comparison 622 vs. 722 vs. 722k? (install Oct 31st)

If you insist on getting a 722k, ask the installer if that's what he has first. Don't have him do all the work and then not sign paper work. That's a huge dick move if I've ever seen one. You like working for free? So please, please, please ask before work is started. If you don't want what he has then cancel or reschedule but do so before any work gets done.

Oh and any VIP receiver will work with a 1000.4 They're all MPEG-4 and will work just fine.

ok, was just told on the phone by dish that ALL receivers come with the new remote and can save/remember timers like the 722k

somehow I don't believe this. can anyone confirm/deny this fact?

I hate Comcast, but this whole signup experience give me major pause. I get told something totally different by each individual service rep (I've talked to 6 over a period of about 3 hours during this thing so far.) and my system hasn't even been INSTALLED yet!

Comcast has done nothing but satisfy me in some major areas involving my dispute over about $300 worth of installation. I've also specifically had this kind of receiver issue with comcast where they brought me a DVI output receiver and tried to tell me a DVI to HDMI cable would fix it. I talked to Comcast, drove into the office the next day, and swapped it out for a brand new unit with everything I wanted. No problem whatsoever. What do I do with Dish if they bring me a 622 or 722 (non-k)???? where do I drive to swap it out? Will they even LET me swap it out? I'm finding it hard to believe that I could even get a strait answer from dish on anything.

I hope I don't regret this switch....

never mind. It's now a moot point.

Don't have a HD line of sight from anywhere. Too many trees. Go figure......

Direct TV will probably be the same issue.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

a little late but wanted to add that you can specify what receiver you want when ordering though a dishnetwork retailer if they have their own techs

ok, was just told on the phone by dish that ALL receivers come with the new remote and can save/remember timers like the 722k

somehow I don't believe this. can anyone confirm/deny this fact? ...
You can not save timers to the remote with a 622 nor a 722. Only a 722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts