Comparison Tool

It would be orders of magnitude more useful if it compared different providers.

Most providers offer such a tool to compare their packages on their respective websites so another one would be of limited utility.

That's the goal is cross provider comparison.

For example you can go in right now and compare high def packages between DirecTV, Dish Network, U-verse and Time Warner.

Maintaining the cable offerings in different markets would be a daunting task indeed. While satellite offerings are relatively consistent across the CONUS, even they go different when you get into the AK and HI markets.

That's why I'm trying to get a feel for the usefulness of such a tool.

Being database based makes updates a bit easier, but I was also going to rely on user input to notify me of updates.

I do also have a host of other features that I would like to build into this. For example, I'd also like to make it so you can look up channels and see which providers offer those channels and in which packages.

If the comparison showed which company provided which channel - it would actually do a comparison. But as of now, it just lists the channels.

For instance, if I selece DTV, DISH & TWC HD's, it lists most channels 3 times, some twice and some once. No way to distinguish between who provides what. Kinda lame as is...

If the comparison showed which company provided which channel - it would actually do a comparison. But as of now, it just lists the channels.

For instance, if I selece DTV, DISH & TWC HD's, it lists most channels 3 times, some twice and some once. No way to distinguish between who provides what. Kinda lame as is...

Do you not get the header row at the top that lists the provider and package? I have only tested with Firefox, so perhaps your browser is not displaying it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts