Compatable actuators?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
I have an Von Weise V76-5 actuator that the telescoping arm is completely rusted tight. The motor works great on it.

I also have a Von Weise VW-24LC actuator that the arm works free but the motor is seized.

I am wanting to put the 24LC arm onto the V76-5 motor but dont now if they are interchangeable. Anyone have experience with this type of work and the success of it?

Got it working again.

Disassembled both of them completely and got the 76-5 unfroze, but in the process I broke the acme nut. Took the actual smaller diameter arm from the 24LC and used that one instead so the bolt pattern is the same. Turns out the motor housing mount and the acme bolt are different at the head where it mounts to the motor.

Long story short, after 8 hours of trial/error and repairs of newly found problems when it was apart its back on the dish and it tracks normal now. Optimized for C-band but havent gotten the KU side up yet, not sure if thats dead on but I doubt it would be that easy.

Sad to see only 5 or so analog channels left and that 4DTV has been reduced to W5. I have an 905 sidecar and a FTA receiver but I really dont want to lose all my satellite tiles for W5 but then again I havent been on since 2006 so I dont know if I map it to W5 if I can still enter everything manually on other satellites to watch their open channels like I used to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts