Compatable Switches

dbc105

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 7, 2006
I am upgrading and will be installing my new 3 LNB Dish once the rain stops. I have a new VIP211 and an old 301 & 4700 receivers. What switches will I need to use to connect 3 LNBs to my 3 receivers? I currently have 2 receivers on 1 dish and the third receiver on another dish. I want to get down to a single dish but still remain working with all my receivers until I upgrade them.

Thanks,
David

If it is the 1k2, put the 211 on port 1, 301 on port 2, and 4700 on port 3. No specific reason except heirarchy, and some legacy receivers don't work consistently on port 1

check out this link:

Direct Slimline

This is what I am putting up. I was given the Direct TV dish a couple of years ago and I have enough of the DP LNBs and I have the 3 LNB mount ordered and it should be here any day now. Total cost $12. The LNBs all have dual cable hook ups so if I have to setup 2 separate types of switches if I have to for the different receivers. I would like to have a switch that would be in with 3 LNB and out for 3 or more receivers that is compatible with all my equipment.

Thanks
David

DP34 would be the switch I'd recommend since you'll want more then 3 locations. Probably can find one cheaper then a DPP44 also. You will need a DishPro Adapter to get the 4700 working with that setup.

If you have a 1k.2 or 1k.4 WESTERN ARC (god i dont want to get bitched at because I didnt put the WA on there)

Then you will have no issues. as long as the 4700 is on port 2 or 3 NOT 1

If the dish you have is a 3 lnb and all the LNBFs say DP, then you can use a 34 switch, but the 4700 will need a DP adapter.

If you choose to get a DPP44 switch (they are online for 60 bucks sometimes and are damn near future proof). Then you do not need a DP Adapter. Again as long it is on Port 2,3,4. NOT 1

My choice would be the DPP33 switch. It MAY cost a little more right now than a 44 switch, but it would be worth paying a little more to not have to deal with a PITA power inserter. Again, keep the 4700 away from port 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)