Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I was visiting a large secondhand store west of town yesterday. (Axman Secondhand) They also deal in independent, off grid power systems and heating systems. I noticed a few C-Band mounts gathered together in on place. One was an AJAK :) So I asked the guy what he wants for an old mount like that and he thinks they are worth at least $300 each. He uses them for solar panels. Says the mounts that are made for the panels are hellish expensive and the C-Band polar mounts are just the ticket. Told him I never paid more than $50 for an AJAK And he says" You sleep at night?"LOL Told him I might pay more if he had the dish ;)

On CraigsList the last few months: I have noticed less BUD's (10' or larger) offered for free or cheap.And more postings for people looking for a BUD. I suspect the mux previously ITC on 97w was a large driving force. Now that the mux is gone, it will be interesting to see if the 'market' settles down to prior levels.

The scarcity of BUD's for a low price has been the main reason I have not posted much lately on the 'Kijiji, Ebay, an CL' thread.

The number of usable BUDS will continue to decrease to some extent due to many being recycled and few new dishes to make up the difference. So if ya see a good'un... ya better grab it. ;)

Now if I could just find a free 14 foot perf or mesh....

Got a 10 footer in my back yard that I would be glad to give to anyone interested in taking it. Still mounted, so would have to be taken down. Also have a couple of receivers that can go with it. Located in western suburb just outside of Cleveland.

I have 2 AJAKs. Paid nothing for them. 1 is like new.
I know where 1 is laying in someones backyard, and 2 with 10 foot Winegard pinnacles.
The more I look the more I find. They are everywhere.

300 dollars sonofbitches better be like new with no wear on gears.

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
I have 2 AJAKs. Paid nothing for them. 1 is like new.
I know where 1 is laying in someones backyard, and 2 with 10 foot Winegard pinnacles.
The more I look the more I find. They are everywhere.

A lot depends on location. I have yet to encounter a single AJAK (Or any H2H) near my location. And I have done quite a bit of dish cruising. That's not to say that I would pay $300 for one.lol

Metal dishes larger than 10' are scarce around here as well.

I found one huge dish (14' or larger) that may be H2H. Only viewable from the road, about 100 yards away. I contacted the owner by phone after much detective work. Guy is so paranoid, he will not allow anyone on the property to even LOOK at it... let alone sell it. He threatened me with trespassing if I even turned around in his driveway. :( Being the sort of fellow I am, I told him that I hoped to encounter him broke down on the side of the road some day. :devilish

Reactions: bigg t
Wish some of you guys were closer to me. Would love to give away my 10' dish with the HTH mount/mover. Along with the 2 working receivers that I have.

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)