Competition soon in Brevard County!!! (Rumor?!)

Khandurian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Cocoa Beach Baby!
You can take this as a rumor if you want, however, I know sometime soon, there will be some competition in Brevard County!

How do I know this? On the way home all last week and all this week, I drive a certain road home. During the past week and this one, I have noticed that there have been contractor trucks boring new pipes under the main road, and replacing the Bell South boxes!

These boxes they are putting in are HUGE!!! Well, curiosity got the best of me, so I pulled over and stopped to talk to the guy standing there with the clip board. He informed me that Bell South is running fiber down the road, to prepare for a roll out of TV/Phone/Internet combo!

SWEET!!!! Now, if Verizon would get off their tuccas and get over here! We could have some real competition! Faster internet here we come!!

khands, do you remember when bell south was in the cable business before? we had it briefly up here in daytona beach. and while the competition was nice, the service was lousy. they didn't last very long. maybe, now it will be a different story!!

Khandurian, what do you think the definition of "soon" will turn out to be? For myself, I am not happy with my 7Mbps+512k internet speed, and the total cost of my Bellsouth phone + Cingular (2 phones on a corporate plan) + BHN (internet+digital combo + SA8300HD, no premium services ($240) is totally absurd. But I don't want to change email addresses, 'cause I have several with large numbers of senders.

Last edited:
all BellSouth systems are being upgraded (how long is a differnt story) now that ATT has taken over.. Expect name changes soon and Uverse launching in select areas within the next couple years.

It's hard to say when soon is. I guess I should not have used the word soon. As steven said, the next 2 years is definitely going to be interesting.

It's very tough to say when they are going to be launching their service. I do know they are actively moving through out Brevard County!

It was rumored that we may be their test site. However, this did not come from a reliable source.

I would, as well as a few other people would love to see higher speeds at the same price were paying now.

We shall see what the future holds.

They are doing this also in oralndo area.. Their contracters are working in alot of areas if you live in orlando and see the "Mastek" trucks those are bellsouth/att contracters doing upgrade work.

Bellsouth is a bunch of lies. You have to sign a contract to get a "GOOD" deal when Brighthouse is most reliable poeple without contract even I have my TV service with satellite. I'm not excited with that NEWS from Bellsouth or AT&T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)